Make these yummy Crock-Pot Sugared Pecans as a fantastic homemade snack that is the perfect combination of sweet and spice from cinnamon, cloves and ginger!
Slow Cooker Sugared Pecans
If you are looking for a really lovely snack to make this sugared pecans recipe really hits the spot. The ingredients are simple and the lightly spiced and sweetened pecans are really delicious!
You can make these nuts for your own family snacking needs (my kids really loved them) or they would also make a fantastic little holiday gift to give to your neighbors, friends, co-workers or kids’ teachers!
This sugared pecan recipe is also a great recipe to make WITH your little kids because the heat is low and slow and there is just the right amount of stirring and measuring to keep kids entertained and learning without the recipe being too complicated! I love including small children in the kitchen!
Crock-Pot Sugared Pecans Recipe
- Add pecans and butter to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.16 Ounces Pecan Halves –½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- Heat on LOW and stir as the butter melts.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the powdered sugar stirring as you add to coat all the pecans.½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon –¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves –¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on top of the pecans stirring to coat all pecans.
- Recover and cook an additional 30 minutes on HIGH stirring occasionally.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper or foil on a counter or table.
- Spread the nuts out evenly on the paper/foil allowing them to cool.
- Store in a sealed container or bag for up to 2 weeks.