Just 4 simple ingredients all tossed in the slow cooker and you have some delicious and flavorful meat in this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos!
Slow Cooker Chicken Ranch Tacos
I have made just chicken meat with taco seasoning before and found the flavoring to be a strong taco taste. These come out with a milder flavor.
You can use either boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs or a combination of both if you would like both white meat and dark meat. And if you don’t have time to thaw your chicken, this recipe works with frozen chicken pieces too. Just add an additional hour of cooking time!
While I LOVE chicken tacos with all the toppings (shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, etc) this recipe is super versatile and works great in so many other recipes such as burritos, taco bowls, taco salad, tostadas, taquitos, quesadillas, enchiladas, etc.
Make a double batch and freeze the shredded taco chicken meat to use on those days when you are just too busy to think much about dinner!
Click here to get our recipe for homemade ranch dressing mix. And click here to get our recipe for homemade taco seasoning mix
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe is easily doubled simply by using a larger sized slow cooker (6 quarts or larger) and adjusting the cooking time by adding an extra hour or two. Just be sure not to overcook the chicken.
This recipe is easily adapted into a slow cooker freezer meal. We have included freezer meal assembly and cooking directions in the notes section of the recipe box.
Once fully cooked you can easily freeze the shredded chicken ranch taco meat. Simply place the cooked chicken into freezer bags or containers, label them with what’s inside and the date you froze them. When you are ready to use the chicken meat to make tacos simply thaw and reheat in the microwave, on the stovetop or even back into the slow cooker on the WARM setting for a few hours.
To save time on busy days it is great to have cooked meats ready to go into a meal to feed your family!
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes!
Crock-Pot Southwestern Chicken
This HEALTHY and EASY recipe for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken is bursting with fresh and exciting southwestern flavor. And it is Weight Watchers friendly too!
Crock-Pot Southwest Spinach Chicken
Thanks to reader Amy D. for this amazing entrée recipe for Slow Cooker Southwest Spinach Chicken! A simple chicken dish that is sure to please everyone!
Crock-Pot Chicken Fajita Casserole
Make this healthy Weight Watchers friendly Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Casserole for dinner today. With just a few simple ingredients you can have dinner cooking in no time flat!
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing
With just a handful of ingredients, this popular recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing is a huge hit with everyone, including the kids!
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos Recipe
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- Forks for shredding the chicken
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (or thighs)
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix (or Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix)
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix (or Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 14 Ounces Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Add all ingredients to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours. If your chicken is frozen add an additional 60 minutes to the cooking time.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, carefully drain off any extra cooking liquid into a bowl and set aside.
- Shred chicken meat with two forks and stir in a little bit of the reserved cooking liquid to help keep the meat moist.
- Serve shredded chicken in taco shells or tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 4 hours on LOW or 7 hours on HIGH from the partially thawed state ).
This was a big hit! But definitely not enough for my family of 5. Can I double the recipe? Wondering if you can stack more chx in the crockpot. Thank you!
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
Yes definitely! Glad you enjoyed!
We’ve made this many times at our house and it’s fantastic! My parents came for dinner and we made this. They loved it too!
Crock-Pot Ladies says
We are so glad you have enjoyed this recipe Tammy!