Thanks to reader Amy D. for this amazing entree recipe for Crock-Pot Southwest Spinach Chicken! A simple chicken dish that is sure to please everyone!
Slow Cooker Southwest Spinach Chicken
Reader Amy D. sent us this delicious recipe for Southwest Spinach Chicken and it now that I have had a chance to make it…let me tell you is a delicious!
The chicken has some great Southwestern flavors from the corn, black beans, salsa and Mexican cheese. And there is just a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar. And just a little bit of creaminess comes in from the cream cheese.
I served the chicken to my family over some cooked rice. But, Amy suggests that cooked noodles would work too.
This recipe is one I am going to make again for sure and next time I think I will try it over noodles like she suggests.
Thanks Amy for the yummy recipe!
More Great Chicken Crockpot Recipes!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Southwest Spinach Chicken Recipe
Southwest Spinach Chicken
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts ((About 4 Breasts))
- 1 Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Corn (Drained)
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Black Beans (Drained)
- 14.5 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (Undrained)
- 16 Ounces Fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese (Cubed)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 2 Cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic, brown sugar and black pepper to create a spice rub for the chicken.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and rub the the spice mixture evenly over the chicken on all sides.
- Place seasoned chicken in the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth, corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes over the top of the chicken.
- Add fresh spinach to the top of everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cubed cream cheese evenly over the top of the chicken during the last hour of cooking time to allow the cream cheese to melt.
- Top with salsa and cheese before serving.
- May serve the chicken over rice or pasta if desired.