This Weight Watchers friendly recipe for Crock-Pot Sausage Bake features turkey sausage & cheese & is a great breakfast casserole for any day of the week!
Slow Cooker Sausage Bake
I love a good slow cooker breakfast casserole and this sausage bake casserole does not disappoint. It uses turkey sausage to make the fat content a little lighter, but feel free to use your favorite brand of breakfast sausage.
This type of casserole is often made with Bisquick baking mix, but I decided to make up my own batter using flour, baking powder and eggs. The cooked sausage plus a bit of mozzarella cheese (again use whatever cheese you like or have on hand) is folded into the batter and then everything is poured into your slow cooker and cooked for just a few hours.
To save time in the morning go ahead and cook up your sausage the night before and shred your cheese. Then, all you have to do in the morning is whip up the batter and toss in the cooked sausage and cheese and get it in the slow cooker to cook for only 2 to 3 hours.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Sausage Bake Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart Or 5 Quart Slow Cooker
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Cheese Grater
- Medium Skillet (For Browning Sausage)
Frequently Asked Questions
I opted to use turkey breakfast sausage because it is lower in points on the Weight Watchers plan, but you can use regular breakfast sausage (either mild or hot). You can even use cooked and crumbled Italian sausage to give this dish a different flavor profile.
Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese. I have made this casserole with cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese and it was great!
Leftovers of this breakfast casserole can easily be reheated in a microwave or a toaster oven. In fact I often make up this casserole on Sunday and put slices of it up in individual containers in the refrigerator so that all I have to do is heat them up for breakfast for myself (since I am the only one in my family doing Weight Watchers). Then in the morning I pop a slice in the microwave for about a minute to a minute and a half and I have something tasty for breakfast!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sausage Bake is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Crockpot Breakfast Recipes!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
Crock-Pot Sausage Bake Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder and garlic powder.
- Stir in the milk and egg and mix until well combined and all of the dry ingredients are wet.
- Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and cooked turkey sausage.
- Pour mixture into a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spread evenly over bottom.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick when inserted into the middle of the casserole comes out clean.