Make up some Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches for dinner or lunch with this EASY 4-ingredient recipe! Tons of flavor with a bit of a spicy kick! Plus, this recipe can be made into a slow cooker freezer meal so that you can make these sandwiches on a busy day!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
If you like your meals with a little bit of spicy kick then you are going to LOVE these buffalo chicken sandwiches!
The recipe is super simple. Just toss three ingredients (chicken, bottled buffalo wing sauce and some dry ranch dressing mix) in your slow cooker and cook for a few hours until the chicken is done.
Shred the chicken and add some butter (this gives it that yummy buffalo chicken wing flavor and mouthfeel) and serve on buns or rolls.
I like my buffalo chicken wings dipped in ranch dressing. So, I drizzled a little bit of ranch dressing on my sandwich. But you can do blue cheese dressing, blue cheese crumbles or even a nice crispy coleslaw. Or just eat the chicken plain as is.
If you are on a gluten free diet, have no fear. Read your labels on the bottle of buffalo wing sauce (there are plenty of brands that are GF) and ranch dressing mix (or use our Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix recipe) and shop for some GF buns or rolls. Or skip the bread altogether and serve this chicken as a lettuce wrap.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe instead of breasts. Just keep in mind that this will change the nutritional information. But the chicken will still be tasty and you do not need to adjust the cooking time.
If you have found yourself with frozen chicken that you didn’t have time to thaw first you can still use them in this recipe. However you will need to cook the recipe a little longer. Usually I start by adding 1 hour to the cooking time when using frozen chicken and then only cook longer if needed.
My go to brand of buffalo wing sauce is Frank’s RedHot Wing Sauce. It has that traditional buffalo chicken wing flavor most of us are used to. However you can use whatever brand of wing sauce you prefer.
This article from Men’s Journal – The 6 Best Buffalo Wing Sauces – ranks Frank’s at #4.
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb| Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Crockpot Sandwiches To Try!
Crock-Pot Beef Sandwiches
A quick and easy recipe that puts a spin on your normal pot roast meal in a crock-pot. Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches a recipe everyone will love.
Crock-Pot Balsamic Roast Beef Dip Sandwiches
If you are looking for a super easy recipe for a weekday meal this is it! This easy to prepare Slow Cooker Balsamic Roast Beef Dip Sandwiches hit the spot!
Crock-Pot BBQ Ham Sandwiches
With just a few simple ingredients and a few hours in the slow cooker you can have this EASY recipe for Crock-Pot BBQ Ham Sandwiches. Perfect for lunch or dinner any day of the week!
Crock-Pot Hot Leftover Turkey Sandwiches
A great way to make use of leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving dinner, this recipe for Slow Cooker Hot Leftover Turkey Sandwiches is delicious and simple!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Ultimate Collection Of Crock-Pot Game Day Recipes
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1.5 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 17 Ounces Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (Store Bought Or Homemade)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Place the chicken, buffalo sauce and ranch dressing mix in the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until the chicken if fully cooked.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken meat in the slow cooker.
- Add the butter to the shredded chicken and toss the chicken until the butter is melted.
- Serve shredded chicken on rolls or buns (gluten free rolls if you are on a GF diet), topped with ranch or blue cheese salad dressing, blue cheese crumbles or coleslaw if desired.
- Place all ingredients (except butter) into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 5 to 6 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH from the partially thawed state ).
- Shred chicken and add butter just like original recipe before serving.
Linda M says
This was amazing and the whole family loved it!! I do WW so it’s always a big win to cook something that everyone can enjoy and I can stay on track. THANK YOU for doing what you do!!
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
So glad y’all enjoyed it!