A quick and easy recipe that puts a spin on your normal pot roast meal in a crock-pot. Crock-Pot Beef Sandwiches a recipe everyone will love.
Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches
Turn a boring beef pot roast into something pretty special with this easy to make recipe. This recipe serves a crowd at 12 servings. But the leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days and make great lunches.
And if you are cooking for a larger crowd…go ahead and double the recipe.
In this recipe we take a beef chuck roast and let it simmer away in a doctored up BBQ sauce.
The base of the recipe is ketchup it adds a whole lot of tang to the recipe. Use your favorite brand here (I am partial to Heinz brand), and then your going to doctor it up with a little barbecue sauce (again…whatever brand floats your boat…I dig me some Sweet Baby Ray’s brand), brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard and a few other ingredients and you are going to have a nice tangy sauce that goes great with the shredded beef.
Let it simmer away for 8 to 9 hours on LOW (recommended for the most tender beef) or for 4 to 5 hours on HIGH.
Whatever you serve it with it is going to be good!
More Great Beefy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Slow Cooker Manly Meatloaf
- Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker Enchiladas
- Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
Crock-Pot Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 pounds Beef Chuck Roast (trimmed of any excess fat)
- 1 ¼ cups Ketchup
- ¼ cup Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Dijon Mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 12 Sandwich Rolls Or Buns
- Add the chuck roast to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the sandwich buns.
- Pour the sauce over the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the roast is cooked, shred with two forks.
- Serve on buns or rolls and enjoy!