This recipe for Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak comes together easily. Ground beef is transformed with a rich mushroom & onion gravy that is full of flavor!
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
The humble Salisbury steak…originally created by a Dr. J. H. Salisbury in the early 1890’s has been around for a while and frankly if you are like many American’s you may remember this dish not in a fond memory from grade school lunches or frozen dinners.
But let me tell you, when you make it homemade the taste is 1000 times better. Using fresh mushrooms and onions and making a delicious gravy your little steak shaped hamburger patties are simmered away in the slow cooker in a rich gravy.
I used my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker for this recipe because I thought it was ideal to cook the patties without any overlap in the crock. However, you can use a larger 6 quart oval just fine too.
This is a frugal recipe that does not come off as cheap. My family really enjoyed this recipe, yes even the mushrooms, I am lucky because my kids are mushroom lovers like me.
We served our Salisbury steaks over hot buttered egg noodles. But rice or mashed potatoes would be lovely too!
Ingredient Alert: I added two tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar Glaze to my gravy mixture. This adds just the right amount of tang as well as a little sweetness. I buy my glaze at the grocery store (in the vinegar section of the grocery store) but you can also buy it on Amazon. This ingredient is optional…but I highly recommend it!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe:
This recipe for Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check Out These Fantastic Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes!
Crock-Pot Pizza Noodle Toss
This kid-friendly recipe for Slow Cooker Pizza Noodle Toss brings all the flavors of pizza in a cheesy pasta dish everyone is going to love!
Your family is going to love this fantastic tasting recipe for Slow Cooker Enchiladas! Filled with a delicious ground beef filling and topped with cheese you just cannot go wrong with this great recipe!
Crock-Pot Manly Meatloaf
Serve the man in your life this Slow Cooker Manly Meatloaf and he will be a happy fellow! Plenty of meatloaf for a large family, plus leftovers!
Crock-Pot Shepherds Pie
Your family will love this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Shepherds Pie filled with ground lamb, carrots, peas and topped with lovely mashed potatoes.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Hamburger/Ground Beef Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 2 Pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Mushroom & Onion Gravy
- 8 Ounces Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Cut In Half Lengthwise And Then Sliced Into Thin Strips)
- 1 Packet Onion Soup Mix
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cups Low-Sodium Beef Stock
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (Optional)
- In a medium bowl mix together with your hands all of the ingredients for the beef patties (hamburger, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt & pepper).
- Form hamburger mixture into 6 uniformly shaped patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large non-stick skillet brown patties on medium-high heat for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Gently transfer browned ground beef patties to the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
Mushroom & Onion Gravy
- Place sliced mushrooms and sliced onions over the top of the beef patties in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together the rest of the gravy ingredients (onion soup mix, flour, beef stock, parsley and balasmic glaze if using). Whisk together until the flour is dissolved in the liquid.
- Pour gravy mixture over beef patties, onion and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve patties and gravy over mashed potatoes, cooked rice or egg noodles. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh parsley for a bright pop of color!
I printed out the salisbury steak in the crockpot recipe. get the nutrient in the recipe. How many carbs and calories are per serving in the recipe?
Lady Heidi says
Hi maryk – there are 374 calories and 26g carbs in this recipe.
Why extra lean ground beef?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Jennie, I use extra lean ground beef in all of my recipes for nutritional information calculation purposes. You can use whatever kind of ground beef you wish in our recipes just keep in mind the calorie and fat counts will be higher if you use a higher fat percentage of ground beef.