This recipe for Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak comes together easily. Ground beef is transformed with a rich mushroom & onion gravy that is full of flavor!
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
The humble Salisbury steak…originally created by a Dr. J. H. Salisbury in the early 1890’s has been around for a while and frankly if you are like many American’s you may remember this dish not in a fond memory from grade school lunches or frozen dinners.
But let me tell you, when you make it homemade the taste is 1000 times better. Using fresh mushrooms and onions and making a delicious gravy your little steak shaped hamburger patties are simmered away in the slow cooker in a rich gravy.
I used my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker for this recipe because I thought it was ideal to cook the patties without any overlap in the crock. However, you can use a larger 6 quart oval just fine too.
This is a frugal recipe that does not come off as cheap. My family really enjoyed this recipe, yes even the mushrooms, I am lucky because my kids are mushroom lovers like me.
We served our Salisbury steaks over hot buttered egg noodles. But rice or mashed potatoes would be lovely too!
Ingredient Alert: I added two tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar Glaze to my gravy mixture. This adds just the right amount of tang as well as a little sweetness. I buy my glaze at the grocery store (in the vinegar section of the grocery store) but you can also buy it on Amazon. This ingredient is optional…but I highly recommend it!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Check Out These Fantastic Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Hamburger/Ground Beef Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
Crock-Pot Salisbury Steak Recipe
- In a medium bowl mix together with your hands all of the ingredients for the beef patties (hamburger, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, salt & pepper).
- Form hamburger mixture into 6 uniformly shaped patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large non-stick skillet brown patties on medium-high heat for about 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Gently transfer browned ground beef patties to the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
Mushroom & Onion Gravy
- Place sliced mushrooms and sliced onions over the top of the beef patties in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together the rest of the gravy ingredients (onion soup mix, flour, beef stock, parsley and balasmic glaze if using). Whisk together until the flour is dissolved in the liquid.
- Pour gravy mixture over beef patties, onion and mushrooms in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Serve patties and gravy over mashed potatoes, cooked rice or egg noodles. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh parsley for a bright pop of color!