Once you taste this homemade ranch dressing mix you will never go back to store bought again! With no MSG or other scary chemicals this recipe is a snap!
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
It’s been a while since we have done a Tip Tuesday post, but here we are with a new one and I hope if you have never taken the few minutes it takes to make your own homemade ranch dressing mix that you will now. It seriously takes less than 10 minutes and the flavor…just wow. You won’t go back to the store bought stuff again!
I love the convenience of having ranch dressing mix on hand for many recipes as well as being able to make my own ranch salad dressing but packaged mixes are full of sodium, MSG, and a bunch of ingredients I cannot even begin to pronounce. So making your own homemade ranch dressing mix is a great option so that you have it on hand to add a tangy zip to your dishes but when you make it yourself you know exactly what is inside it. And that brings peace of mind.
I like to store my ranch dressing mix in little glass jar and then whenever a recipe calls for a packet of Ranch Dressing mix I just scoop out 2 tablespoons and voilà I have yummy ranch goodness!
You can find all the ingredient you need for this recipe at your local grocery store in the spice & baking aisle. To save money you may consider buying the ingredients in bulk.
- Dry Buttermilk Powder – This ingredient can be found at most major grocery stores in the baking aisle or near where the store sells powdered milk. It usually comes in a canister. If you cannot find it locally you can order it online at Amazon or other retailers.
- Dried Minced Onions
- Parsley Flakes
- Dried Dill Weed
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Chives
- Mix everything and store in a well sealed jar or container.
- If you prefer a more powdered mix you can run the mixture in your blender or a coffee grinder.
- 2 tablespoons equal one packet of store bought ranch dressing mix.
Check out these delicious Crock-Pot Recipes that use Ranch Dressing Mix!
More Homemade Seasoning Mixes:
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Garlic And Herb Seasoning And Spice Mix
- Chili Seasoning Mix
- Adobo Seasoning Mix
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
Linked up at: Skip the Housework