Sweet, tangy & citrusy this easy & delicious 4 ingredient recipe for Crock-Pot Tangy Catalina Chicken is to die for! Serve over rice or noodles for dinner!
Slow Cooker Tangy Catalina Chicken
I love simple recipes that have just a few ingredients and this recipe is now one of my favorites. You won’t beleive that there is only 4 ingredients because the flavors are not simple. I love recipes that make it look like I slaved over a hot stove making some intricate dish but I know (and you know) that sometimes simple dinners are the best.
This recipe really is simple, the chicken breasts are cooked by themselves in the slow cooker until no longer pink inside, then a few ingredients (Catalina salad dressing, orange marmalade, and a packet of onion soup mix) are mixed together and poured over the chicken and then cooked for a little bit longer.
If you are watching your sugar intake or feel that you may want it to be a little less sweet, feel free to use sugar free or reduced sugar marmalade.
I choose to cook this dish in my new casserole slow cooker but a regular 5 or 6 quart slow cooker will work just as well.
Once done serve the chicken over cooked egg noodles or rice.
Add a side vegetable or salad and you have dinner on the table!
And THAT is what it is all about!
This is a recipe I will make again and again.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Tangy Catalina Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Chicken Crockpot Recipes!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Tangy Catalina Chicken Recipe
- Add the chicken to a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker and cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours until the chicken is just cooked through but not overcooked.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together with a fork the Catalina salad dressing, orange marmalade and the packet of dry onion soup mix until mixed together well.
- Pour the Catalina sauce mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Loo sly break the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in the sauce.
- Recover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking that last 30 minutes is a good time to prepare some rice or noodles on the stove-top for serving.
- Serve chicken and sauce over the cooked noodles or rice and enjoy!