There is nothing more comforting than a homemade pot pie and this recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie is delicious! We make it easy for you to make this homestyle classic by cooking your pot pie right in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie is one of my absolute favorite comfort foods. I could eat it every day. Whenever I go out to a restaurant, if chicken pot pie is on the menu you can bet I am going to order it.
So, I decided to try my hand at making this classic chicken dish in my slow cooker. And it came out fantastic!
There is a bit of work involved in this recipe as you need to start the process for the thick chicken gravy on the stove top and then let it and the chicken and vegetables cook in the slow cooker and then, add a pie crust to the top of the chicken pot pot pie and let that cook.
But the results are great and everyone in the family won’t believe that you made chicken pot pie in your CROCK-POT!
More Fantastic Slow Cooker Entrees!
- Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu + Video
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
Crock-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 ¾ cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock (canned or homemade)
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Chopped Carrots
- 2 teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Refrigerated Ready To Use Pie Crust
- Heat a medium skillet over medium–high heat on the stove top until hot. Add the butter, onion and garlic to the pan.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter for about 3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add flour to the pan and cook and stir until the butter has mostly absorbed into the flour. Add mixture to a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add milk and chicken stock to slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Add chicken pieces, peas, carrots, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Unroll refrigerated pie crust and place it on top of the chicken mixture in slow cooker in a single layer. If you are using an oval shaped slow cooker you may want to slightly stretch the pie crust dough out to fit the slow cooker better.
- Place a clean kitchen towel or layer of paper towels between the lid of the slow cooker and crock.
- Continue to cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours on LOW until the pie crust is cooked through.