The family will love this easy “dump and go” recipe for Crock-Pot 3 Ingredient Pot Roast. The meat is so tender. It can also be made into a freezer meal!
Slow Cooker 3 Ingredient Pot Roast
If you are looking for a super easy and quick recipe this recipe for Crock-Pot 3 Ingredient Pot Roast is just what you need.
As the recipe name implies there are just three ingredients… 2 pounds beef pot roast (we like chuck roast), a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (low sodium is great here) and a cup of beef broth (again…go for the low sodium).
And that is it. You just dump those three things in a 5 quart or larger slow cooker and let it cook away for 8 hours on LOW and you end up with melt in your mouth, fork tender pot roast!
Crock-Pot 3-Ingredient Pot Roast Freezer Meal
This recipe can also be made into a quick and easy “dump and go” freezer meal that you can pull out of the freezer in the morning and pop it all in the slow cooker and cook it all day while you are at work. Just add all the ingredients to a gallon sized freezer bag.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot 3 Ingredient Pot Roast:
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t want to use a can of cream of potato soup in this recipe you can make and use your own homemade cream of anything soup mix.
CREAM OF ANYTHING SOUP MIX:
– 1 Cup Non-Fat Powdered Milk
– 3/4 Cup Cornstarch
– 1/4 Cup Chicken Bouillon Granules
– 4 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
– 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
To replace 1 can of cream of ______ soup use 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook in a pan on the stove-top over medium heat until thick.
You can easily add vegetables to this recipe that will cook while the beef pot roast cooks. Simply add either some baby carrots or sliced carrots (about a pound) and diced potatoes (about a pound) to the bottom of the slow cooker then add the roast on top.
For added umami flavor you may wish to brown the beef pot roast in a large frying pan (a cast iron skillet is great for this!) on the stove-top.
To brown the meat simply heat your skillet until it is very hot, add a tablespoon of oil (I use olive oil) and then add the meat to the hot oil. Let the meat cook on one side until a browned crust forms on the meat (3 to 5 minutes), flip the meat over to the other side and brown for another 3 to 5 minutes before placing the pot roast in the slow cooker.
This step is optional but will add a deeper savory flavor.
This recipe for Crock-Pot 3 Ingredient Pot Roast is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More yummy slow cooker beef dishes you want to check out!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot 3 Ingredient Pot Roast Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 9 hours on LOW from the partially thawed state ).