Make this healthy Weight Watchers friendly Crock-Pot Chicken Fajita Casserole for dinner today. With just a few simple ingredients you can have dinner cooking in no time flat!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Casserole
With just 4 ingredients (plus a little bit of water) you can have this super tasty chicken fajita casserole cooking away in your slow cooker in no time flat.
Pictured here we served the casserole over cooked rice but you can eat the casserole just as it is or over cauliflower rice for a low carb and Keto friendly recipe.
Additionally if carbs are not an issue serving with corn or flour tortillas or even tortilla chips would be fantastic too!
Dig on in to this simple and frugal recipe for dinner tonight!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Or Larger Slow Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cheese Grater
- Dry Measuring Cups
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Have To Use Frozen Peppers And Onions?
To save some time prepping this recipe we opted to use a 20 ounce bag of frozen pre-chopped peppers and onions. However you can use and cut up your own fresh bell peppers (any color will work… red, yellow, orange, even purple!) and onion. You will want end up with about 2 cups chopped bell pepper and 1 cup onion. There is no difference in the cooking time using fresh bell peppers and onions over using frozen.
Can I Use Other Cuts Of Meat In This Casserole?
This recipe would be great using boneless skinless chicken thighs as well instead of the chicken breasts. However thigh meat does not shred quite as easily as breast meat does. In that case instead of shredding I recommend dicing the cooked chicken thigh meat up once it is done cooking,
Can I Use Make My Own Homemade Fajita Seasoning?
If you cannot find packets of fajita seasoning at your local grocery store or you just want to make your own fajita seasoning mix without any added salt, sugar, MSG or anything else unhealthy… check out our Homemade Fajita Seasoning Mix.
Gluten Free | Low Carb | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Fajita Casserole is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Mexican Inspired Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Mexican Red Beans
- Crock-Pot Mexican Beef & Veggie Soup
- Slow Cooker Peach Salsa Chicken
- Crock-Pot Mexican Pork Stew
Crock-Pot Chicken Fajita Casserole Recipe
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 20 Ounce Bag Frozen Peppers And Onions
- 1 1.12 Ounce Packet Fajita Seasoning (I Used McCormick Gluten Free Brand)
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Spread out frozen peppers and onions in the bottom of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker.
- Lay chicken breasts on top of the peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle fajita seasoning over everything, the sprinkle the water over everything.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and easily shredded.
- Shred chicken meat with two forks and mix together with the peppers and onions.
- Evenly sprinkle shredded cheese over top and replace cover. Cook for an additional 15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve over cooked rice, or with flour or corn tortillas or tortilla chips if desired.
Linked up at: The Pin Junkie Link Party
Leave a Reply