With just a handful of ingredients, this popular recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing is a huge hit with everyone, including the kids!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
This recipe for Chicken and Dressing made in the slow cooker was sent to us by reader Misty M. back in 2012 and it has been one of our readers favorites ever since.
With just a handful of ingredients (chicken, stuffing mix, cream of chicken soup, onion, chicken broth and salt and pepper) this tasty recipe could not be any easier to make and is a huge hit with everyone in the family. Including the kids!
This is just one of those classic go-to recipes that I personally like to make now on a pretty frequent basis because it is just comforting, easy, frugal and my kids and husband love it!
Give it a try!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Large Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you wish to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the boneless skinless chicken breasts called for in this recipe you can easily swap them out pound for pound. Keep in mind that the nutritional values will change for this recipe as chicken thigh meat contains more fat and calories.
If you would prefer to have shredded chicken meat instead of chunks go ahead and skip the step that calls for cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces and instead add the chicken whole to the slow cooker. Then, right before serving it, grab the cooked chicken out of the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and add it back into your slow cooker to serve with the dressing.
If you are serving a larger family or a crowd you can easily double this recipe. Simply double the ingredients and cook for an extra hour or two or until the chicken is fully cooked. Because the chicken is cut into chunks they cook rather quickly.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Chicken Entrée Crockpot Recipes!
Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken And Rice
Everyone in the family is going to love this simple recipe for Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken And Rice. Ground chicken and just a few ingredients has dinner waiting for you!
Crock-Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
Transport yourself to India with the flavors in this EASY 3-Ingredient recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala! Served over rice for a fantastic dinner any night of the week!
Crock-Pot Southwestern Chicken
This HEALTHY and EASY recipe for Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken is bursting with fresh and exciting southwestern flavor. And it has ZERO Weight Watchers SmartPoints too!
Crock-Pot Cayenne Chicken
The perfect combination of of spicy and sweet is what you will find in this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Cayenne Chicken! Serve this shredded chicken on buns with ranch and pickles for the perfect sandwich!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Back To School Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing Recipe
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10.5 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 6 Ounces Boxed Stuffing Mix (Such As Stove Top Brand)
- ½ Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Canned Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Parsley (As A Garnish (Optional))
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on all sides and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top over medium-high heat and add the seasoned chicken and onions to the pan and saute until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan using tongs and place on a cutting board,
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add the chicken as well as the onions from the pan to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and toss with a wooden spoon until all the stuffing mixture is moistened.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours or until everything is warmed through and the stuffing is cooked.
the recipe for crock pot chicken and dressing contains an error in the amount of chicken broth.
1-1/2 cups would be the correct amount.
Tasty recipe but very runny.
In looking at other recipes for crockpot chicken and dressing the amount of broth was often a cup, unless two boxes of dressing used.
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says
I made this recipe as written and it turned out fine for me. Feel free to adjust the broth amount to your liking though! Glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Amy Keyishian says
Too much chicken broth it was runny so I had to add more stuffing mix.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Sorry this recipe didn’t meet your needs Amy. What brand of stuffing mix did you use? Perhaps that is is a deciding factor in why it might have been too runny for you.