With just a handful of ingredients, this popular recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing is a huge hit with everyone, including the kids!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
This recipe for Chicken and Dressing made in the slow cooker was sent to us by reader Misty M. back in 2012 and it has been one of our readers favorites ever since.
With just a handful of ingredients (chicken, stuffing mix, cream of chicken soup, onion, chicken broth and salt and pepper) this tasty recipe could not be any easier to make and is a huge hit with everyone in the family. Including the kids!
This is just one of those classic go-to recipes that I personally like to make now on a pretty frequent basis because it is just comforting, easy, frugal and my kids and husband love it!
Give it a try!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Large Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions:
If you wish to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the boneless skinless chicken breasts called for in this recipe you can easily swap them out pound for pound. Keep in mind that the nutritional values will change for this recipe as chicken thigh meat contains more fat and calories.
If you would prefer to have shredded chicken meat instead of chunks go ahead and skip the step that calls for cutting the chicken into bite-sized pieces and instead add the chicken whole to the slow cooker. Then, right before serving it, grab the cooked chicken out of the slow cooker, shred the meat with two forks and add it back into your slow cooker to serve with the dressing.
If you are serving a larger family or a crowd you can easily double this recipe. Simply double the ingredients and cook for an extra hour or two or until the chicken is fully cooked. Because the chicken is cut into chunks they cook rather quickly.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Tasty Chicken Entrée Crockpot Recipes!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Back To School Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Winter Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken and Dressing Recipe
- 3 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 10.5 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 6 Ounces Boxed Stuffing Mix (Such As Stove Top Brand)
- ½ Cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 29 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Canned Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Parsley (As A Garnish (Optional))
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on all sides and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top over medium-high heat and add the seasoned chicken and onions to the pan and saute until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan using tongs and place on a cutting board,
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add the chicken as well as the onions from the pan to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and toss with a wooden spoon until all the stuffing mixture is moistened.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours or until everything is warmed through and the stuffing is cooked.