Everyone in the family is going to love this simple recipe for Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken And Rice. Ground chicken and just a few ingredients has dinner waiting for you!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken And Rice
Do you need a simple recipe for dinner? This recipe for teriyaki chicken with rice that is made in your slow cooker is just the ticket!
The recipe starts off with ground chicken that is seasoned, cooked and crumbled in a skillet on stove-top and then added to the slow cooker.
Next, just dump the rest of the ingredients (cooked rice, frozen veggies, pineapple tidbits, and teriyaki sauce) in the ol’ crockpot and give it a stir. Let that cook for just a few hours or until the veggies are cooked and serve it in bowls (or lettuce cups!).
Sprinkle on some sesame seeds and green onion slices…this is optional. It makes the dish pretty and adds some extra flavor too.
This is one of those recipes that I personally like to make on the weekend and reheat for lunches throughout the week too. So if you want to do that you can. Or if there is leftovers they taste great on another day.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken And Rice Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart
- Large Skillet
- Wooden Spoon
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Can Opener
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe is easily made with other types of ground meat. Simply replace the ground chicken for equal amounts of ground turkey, ground beef or ground pork. You can even use a combination of meats.
My family really loves Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce Baste and Glaze and it is readily available in most U.S. grocery stores. However you can use whatever brand of teriyaki sauce that your family likes best.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten-free except for the brand of bottled teriyaki sauce we used. That being said however, there are several brands of gluten-free teriyaki sauce available at most major grocery stores or online that will work in this recipe too. We really like the San-J Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce for its flavors and availability.
If you live in a country or area where bottled teriyaki sauce is not easily found in your local grocery stores it is easy enough to make your own homemade teriyaki sauce. I really like this recipe from Taste and Tell for their homemade teriyaki sauce.
This recipe is easily cooked in advance and re-heated for lunches or dinner on another day. In fact I like like to make this in the slow cooker on the weekend, portion it out into microwave safe meal prep bowls and stash them in the refrigerator for easy to heat lunches for my husband and I to eat during the week.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken And Rice is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes To Love!
Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken And Rice Recipe
- 2 Pounds Ground Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Montreal Chicken Seasoning (Or Seasoning Of Your Choice)
- 20 Ounces Frozen Bell Pepper And Onion Blend (Or Slice Up 2 to 3 Bell Peppers And An Onion)
- 20 Ounces Canned Pineapple Tidbits (Drained)
- 12 Ounces Bottled Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Cups Long-Grain White Rice (Cooked)
- Heat a large skillet on the stove-top over medium high and add the 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat until the oil is hot and then add the ground chicken.
- Season the chicken with the Montreal chicken seasoning (or seasoning of your choice). Cook until the ground chicken is crumbled and cooked through.
- Add the cooked chicken to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the vegetables, pineapple, teriyaki sauce and cooked rice to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the mixture into bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!