Everyone in the family is going to LOVE this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta! Made in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Pasta
What do you get when you combine perfectly cooked pasta, tender broccoli florets and melty cheddar cheese?
You get this yummy mac and cheese with healthy veggies.
And, when you make it in an electric pressure cooker…you get all this yummy goodness in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
Make this tasty pasta dish for lunch or dinner and everyone is going to love this cheesy dish! ♥
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express (or other electric pressure cooker such as InstantPot)
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cheese Grater
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe I decided to use a whole wheat rotini pasta because it is what I had on hand AND because it add some extra fiber and nutrients to this dish. I find covering whole wheat pasta in melty cheese is a great way to get my kids to eat this type of pasta.
That being said, you can use just about any type of wheat based pasta that is short in size such as elbow macaroni, cavatappi or cellentani.
Yes, you can use gluten free pasta in this dish. However I would suggest cooking the pasta for 1 to 2 minutes to prevent the pasta from over cooking?
To make this yummy pasta recipe dairy-free simply substitute the milk for your favorite unsweetened and unflavored dairy-free milk (almond milk, soy milk, hemp milk, etc.) and the cheese with your favorite brand of dairy free cheese that melts well.
More Great Crock-Pot Express Recipes To Try!
Crock-Pot Express White Chicken Chili
Featuring tender chunks of chicken, white beans, corn and a ton of flavor in a creamy base this Pressure Cooker White Chicken Chili is delicious!
Crock-Pot Express Tuscan Soup
Enjoy the taste of Tuscany with this Keto Diet friendly recipe for Pressure Cooker Tuscan Soup! Featuring Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach in a flavorful creamy broth!
Crock-Pot Express Ham and Cheese Pasta
Are you looking for a tasty dinner everyone in the family will love? Look no further than this Pressure Cooker Ham and Cheese Pasta dish!
Crock-Pot Express Easy Lasagna Soup
All the yummy flavors of lasagna in soup form. Pressure Cooker Easy Lasagna Soup features a rich tomato based broth with Italian sausage, broken lasagna noodles and three kinds of cheese!
Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Recipe
- 4 Cups Water
- 16 Ounces Pasta (I used whole wheat rotini)
- 16 Ounces Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 16 Ounces Cheddar Cheese (Shredded)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- Add water, pasta, frozen broccoli and butter to the insert of a 6 quart Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker (or other brand of electric pressure cooker such as an InstantPot) and stir to combine.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock into place, making sure the vent is sealed.
- Set on MANURAL, HIGH PRESSURE, for 4 minutes. Press START.
- When the cooking time is done, do a quick release, making sure to stay out of the way of the hot steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, milk, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Question, this recipe does not use a traditional crock pot like I have ~ any instructions for a traditional crock pot ?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Joyce, we have a combination here of both traditional Crock-Pot (slow cooker) recipes as well as recipes for the Crock-Pot Express (electric pressure cooker). This recipe however has not been tested in a traditionally Crock-Pot.