Everyone in the family is going to LOVE this easy recipe for Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta! Made in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
Pressure Cooker Broccoli Cheddar Pasta
What do you get when you combine perfectly cooked pasta, tender broccoli florets and melty cheddar cheese?
You get this yummy mac and cheese with healthy veggies.
And, when you make it in an electric pressure cooker…you get all this yummy goodness in under 30 minutes from start to finish!
Make this tasty pasta dish for lunch or dinner and everyone is going to love this cheesy dish! ♥
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Recipe:
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Express (or other electric pressure cooker such as InstantPot)
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cheese Grater
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
Frequently Asked Questions
For this recipe I decided to use a whole wheat rotini pasta because it is what I had on hand AND because it add some extra fiber and nutrients to this dish. I find covering whole wheat pasta in melty cheese is a great way to get my kids to eat this type of pasta.
That being said, you can use just about any type of wheat based pasta that is short in size such as elbow macaroni, cavatappi or cellentani.
Yes, you can use gluten free pasta in this dish. However I would suggest cooking the pasta for 1 to 2 minutes to prevent the pasta from over cooking?
More Great Crock-Pot Express Recipes To Try!
Crock-Pot Express Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Recipe
- Add water, pasta, frozen broccoli and butter to the insert of a 6 quart Crock-Pot Express Multi-Cooker (or other brand of electric pressure cooker such as an InstantPot) and stir to combine.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and lock into place, making sure the vent is sealed.
- Set on MANURAL, HIGH PRESSURE, for 4 minutes. Press START.
- When the cooking time is done, do a quick release, making sure to stay out of the way of the hot steam.
- Carefully remove the lid and set aside.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, milk, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper (if using) until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!