Just 5 simple ingredients makes up this amazingly delicious Crock-Pot Easy Green Beans and Bacon recipe. You really just cannot go wrong with this easy side dish flavored with bacon and a touch of maple syrup! We think it is special enough to serve at any holiday meal but simple enough for everyday too!
Slow Cooker Easy Green Beans and Bacon
When you need a fantastic side dish to bring to a potluck or family gathering (think Easter, Christmas or Thanksgiving) you cannot go wrong with these fantastic green beans.
The sweet and salty combination you get from the maple syrup, brown sugar and bacon is the perfect combination to the green beans and onion.
I used canned green beans because that is what I had on hand but if you like your green beans a little more crisp feel free to use fresh green beans that have been washed and trimmed and then add 1/4 cup water to the slow cooker when you add the green beans so that there is a little liquid to help those fresh green beans cook.
Because of the bacon and sweet maple syrup and brown sugar my kids actually LOVE this recipe and I can easily get them to eat their veggies!
Everything is better with bacon!
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Green Beans and Bacon is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Your’e Going To Love These Slow Cooker Sides!
- Crock-Pot Funeral Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Cauliflower
- Crock-Pot Beanie Weenies
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Crock-Pot Green Beans + Video
- Side Dish Recipes
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Easter Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Spring Recipes
- Summer Recipes
- Thanksgiving Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Green Beans and Bacon Recipe
- 12 Ounces Center Cut Bacon
- 29 Ounces Canned Green Beans
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Real Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- In a sauce pan, heat bacon and onion just until bacon is cooked (do not brown the bacon).
- Drain green beans and empty into a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add bacon, onion and drippings on top of green beans.
- Add in brown sugar and maple syrup and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Lauren Hendriks says
I made these for an Easter side dish. I was really hoping they’d be great, but they were disgusting. I will not be making them again!
Lady Heidi says
I am sorry you didn’t like the green beans Lauren. I am not sure what to say except that I guess each person has their own tastes and preferences.
Not exactly low sodium either by the time you add a main dish to it.