This recipe for Crock-Pot Caramel Apple Crisp is the perfect warm autumn dessert! Filled with juicy apples, topped with a oatmeal crisp topping and drizzled with a warm caramel sauce…how could you go wrong?
Crock-Pot Caramel Apple Crisp
This is, for me, the quintessential fall dessert! This Crock-Pot Caramel Apple Crisp is filled with warm juicy apples, seasoned with cinnamon and spice and everything nice, topped with a delicious oatmeal based crisp topping and then, to top it off and put the proverbial icing on the cake, drizzled with warm caramel sauce!
And if that is not enough. There is always the option to serve this apple crisp with some vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.
While this crisp was cooking away in the slow cooker, the house smelled AMAZING!
Seriously I wish I could bottle this scent and spray it all over the place!
OK brilliant tip alert… if you are selling your house, pop this in the crock-pot before showing your house to make it smell delicious!
Crock-Pot Caramel Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 Ounces Jarred Caramel Sauce (Optional)
- Spray a 6-quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Unwrap all the caramels and cut each one in half with a sharp knife.
- Mix diced apples, cinnamon, cloves, flour and cut up caramels in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl add the topping ingredients - cold butter, brown sugar, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon and a pinch of cloves and cut up with a pastry blender or two butter knives until you have a nice crumbly mixture.
- Spread crumble topping mixture evenly over the top of the apples in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
- When done, spoon out apple crisp into serving bowls and drizzle with store bought caramel sauce if desired.