This easy simple recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta is a favorite with the kids. I love the combo of cheese, ranch, bacon and pasta for dinner!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta
This recipe is a favorite of my kids. It is pretty much like a saucier version of macaroni & cheese. The addition of a little bit of bacon adds a nice flavor and the sauce is saucy and cheesy.
In this recipe I used a pouch of real bacon bits, but I often buy bacon in bulk when it goes on sale at the grocery store (my stock-up price is $2.99 lb) and I buy several pounds at once. Then, when I get home I cook it all up and freeze it for recipes, like this one, that call for cooked bacon, or to just make breakfast easier in the morning.
I know some people balk at the use of canned soups, but I am not one of them! In this recipe the cheddar cheese soup adds the cheesy stuff that makes this recipe yummy. I suppose if you want you could experiment by adding real cheese, maybe a cheese that melts nicely. Or I have had success with melting cream cheese and cheddar cheese in the slow cooker without getting an oily mess like you get when you just melt cheese.
And for simplicities sake we have a packet of ranch dressing. On this one, I use homemade. It is cheaper to make it myself (I even use herbs from my mini herb garden that I have dried myself in my food dehydrator) and I actually prefer the flavor of homemade over the store bought packets.
You can find my recipe for homemade ranch dressing mix here. It really is tasty. But hey, the store bought kind will work just as well!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta as much as my family and I do!
More Bacon Recipes You Must Try!
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Entrée Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot to 5 quart slow cooker
- Add chicken, cheddar cheese soup, ranch dressing mix, sour cream and real bacon bits to the bottom of 4 – 5 quart slow cooker.1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts –10.75 Ounces Canned Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup –1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix –½ Cup Sour Cream –2.5 Ounces Real Bacon Bits
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 – 4 hours or LOW 6 – 8 hours.
- Near the end of the cooking time for the chicken, cook your pasta according to the directions on the package and cook until al dente, drain.1 Pound Cavatappi Pasta
- Serve chicken, with sauce over cooked pasta.
- Garnish with bacon, cheddar cheese, or green onion if desired.