Serve these delicious and easy to make Crock-Pot Cowboy Beans for your next party, reunion or get together. This recipe serves a crowd and everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
This fabulous recipe has been a popular one here on the blog ever since we first published it way back in 2012. One of our wonderful readers Julie Nowakowski sent it to us, we put it on the blog and even though it didn’t have a recipe photo a lot of people really loved the recipe.
So we thought it was time for us to pass the recipe on to our assistant Emilee and have her cook the recipe and take proper photographs of the finished dish for you all.
The recipe does require a bit of stove-top cooking because you have to brown the ground beef and bacon. But once that is done everything else is just dumped in the slow cooker and cooked for hours to help the flavors all meld together into a delicious dish to take to your next party or get-together!
If you are traveling with your slow cooker we recommend a good Crock-Pot that travels well…one with a nice and tight locking lid so that you don’t have beans sloshing around in your car…been there done that…bought my mom a new Crock-Pot! 😀
This recipe for Crock-Pot Cowboy Beans is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Cowboy Beans Recipe
- 1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef (browned)
- 1 pound Bacon (chopped and cooked)
- 28 ounces Canned Butter Beans (drained)
- 28 ounces Canned Kidney Beans (drained)
- 64 ounces Canned Baked Beans
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Ground Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Cook the ground beef and bacon on the stove-top and drain off any excess fat.
- Add the meat and all of the remaining ingredients to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.