With just 4 ingredients this easy to make dessert recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Cherry Cola Dump Cake could not be simpler to make and the flavor is out of this world! A box of chocolate cake mix, a can of cola, a can of cherry pie filling and cream cheese icing is all you need for this slow cooker dessert!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cherry Cola Dump Cake
Valentine’s day is fast approaching and I thought it would be nice to make up something nice and chocolatley to share with you all. I love the combination of chocolate and cherries so a new dump cake recipe was in order.
We have a plain Crock-Pot Cherry Dump Cake recipe already on the blog, and while I LOVE that recipe a chocolate version was due. Besides being chocolate the other difference in this recipe is that we use some cola instead of melted butter to drizzle all over the cake. A little less fat but I guess more sugar.
You could use diet cola if you wish though. But in all honestly this is going to be a decadent dessert.
It’s so easy a child could do it though so don’t you fret. If you can open a can of cherry pie filling, a box of cake mix and a can of cola you can make this recipe.
I made this recipe in my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker but you can also make this in a 6 quart oval slow cooker too. I just really like the look of desserts made in the casserole cooker!
Crock-Pot Chocolate Cherry Cola Dump Cake Recipe
- In a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker place Cherry Pie Filling, spread evenly.
- Spread chocolate cake mix as next layer and spread evenly over cherry pie filling.
- Slowly pour the cola over the dry cake mix, 1/2 cup at a time, making sure all of the dry cake mix is covered with the cola.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3.5 to 4 hours. Cake will be a little gooey in the middle.
- Turn off slow cooker and allow it to set uncovered for 1/2 hour or more before eating.
- Spoon cake onto plates and drizzle with cream cheese icing.
- You may also serve the cake with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to take this dessert over the top!