Whip up some healthy Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken with this simple recipe. Serve over steamed rice or noodles & enjoy this yummy entrée any night of the week! Plus it is Weight Watchers friendly too!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
A friend of mine shared how she made teriyaki chicken in the slow cooker and it sounded easy enough…cut up boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs in the slow cooker and pour a bottle of teriyaki sauce over it and cook it for a couple of hours.
I tried it her way and to be honest it was just “okay” and sort of bland.
So I decided to play with the recipe a little bit and came up with something that tastes better.
I am not going to pull your leg on this one though…cooking a teriyaki chicken stir fry is much easier and quicker on the stove-top in a skillet and you’re not going to get any better flavor cooking it in the slow cooker.
I may just be shooting myself in the foot with this recipe because this is after all a slow cooker recipe blog. But I think honesty is the best policy. And my honest opinion is that some recipes are better NOT cooked in the slow cooker.
That being said…if you are a die hard slow cooker user or maybe you don’t have a stove-top to cook on (I know we have several readers who don’t…they are traveling in RV’s or trucks, they are remodeling their kitchens or their stove just went up and broke on them) and you have a hankering for some teriyaki chicken then go ahead and give this recipe a try.
My kids liked it and ate it and even had seconds so it is actually pretty good! The key is that I used a bottle of Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste and Glaze, canned pineapple (the liquid from the can while cooking, the chucks of pineapple added near the end) and some ginger, garlic and brown sugar to add a lot more flavor. YUM
Love, peace and honesty 🙂
This recipe for Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 4 breasts, cut into bite sized pieces)
- 10 ounces Bottle Of Teriyaki Glaze (such as Kikkoman brand)
- 8 ounces Canned Pineapple Tidbits (packed in 100% pineapple juice)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 24 ounces Steam In The Bag Stir Fry Vegetables
- Add chicken cut up chicken pieces to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Open can of pineapple tidbits and pour just the liquid into the slow cooker, reserving pineapple for later.
- Add teriyaki sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and garlic to slow cooker and stir to combine and coat the chicken.
- Cover and cook 2 to 3 hours on low till chicken is done, stirring half way through cooking time to break up chicken.
- About 30 minutes before chicken is to be done cooking, start to cook your rice or noodles on the stove-top (or in a rice cooker for the rice).
- Cook the vegetables in the microwave according to package directions.
- Open bags of vegetables and toss in slow cooker and mix into chicken and sauce. Add the reserved pineapple tidbits.
- Spoon rice or noodles on plates and top with chicken and vegetables to serve.
Linked up at Eat at Home.