With just 4 simple ingredients you will have dinner on the table with little effort when you make this recipe for Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken. Chicken is simmered away in a creamy sauce that is brightened up with pesto!
Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken
This recipe for Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken was originally a reader recipe sent to us from Amy M.
We love it when readers send us their recipes, however they often do not contain photos of the finished product. So, slowly we are spending some time updating some of our reader recipes posted here on Crock-Pot Ladies so that we can provide a bit more information on how to cook them as well as take a photo of the finished dish so you can see what to expect.
Now somehow, I had never cooked with pesto before but thankfully found it was very easy to work with. I mean I guess how could you go wrong with something that is an Italian classic? I used store bought jarred pesto which you should be able to find in any major grocery store. But if you cannot find it or you just have an abundance of basil growing in your garden you could totally use homemade pesto too!
This recipe is very easy to put together and had a great flavor to it. I wasn’t sure if my children would go for it (I always get a little nervous when I’m cooking something unusual for their palates) but they absolutely loved it!
We will definitely be cooking with more pesto in the future!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken Recipe
- Spray a 5 to 6 quart crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner if desired to make clean up easier.
- Place the strips of chicken at the bottom of the crock.
- Measure and combine the cream of chicken soup, pesto and sour cream in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over chicken strips in crock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Serve chicken over cooked noodles or pasta.