Be prepared to have your socks knocked off with this fantastic Crock-Pot Pulled Pork Cheesy Bacon Dip! Barbecued pulled pork is combined with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon and is transformed into an amazing hearty dip perfect for your next party!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Cheesy Bacon Dip
It was a buy 2 packages of hamburger buns get a container of Lloyd’s pulled pork for free special at the grocery store that lead to this recipe.
I was running in for hamburger buns for dinner and the store just wanted to give me something for free, just for buying something I was already planning on purchasing.
Sure why not.
I like free stuff.
The problem is, when I am going to plan pulled pork for dinner, I like to make it myself at home (in the slow cooker of course!) because it just tastes 1000 times better than anything you can get premade at the store.
So the question was…what was I going to do with this container of pulled pork?
I shuffled around in the refrigerator and spotted some cheese (cheddar), some cream cheese and some green onion. OK a dip was coming to mind here. Then, I opened the freezer and spied a bag of bacon that was already cooked and chopped. Because being the frugal person that I am, I watch for sales on things like bacon and buy up a couple extra packages, cook it up, and freeze for when I need some bacon goodness in a dish.
And of course bacon is the best!
Thus this recipe was born…
We had guests of a couple young men in their early 20’s over for the afternoon. Just in time to sample my newest dip creation.
And it was a good thing!
It was gone!
I hope you enjoy it as much as our family and guests did.
Check Out These Yummy Slow Cooker Dips Too!
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheese Dip
- Crock-Pot Caramel Dip
- Slow Cooker Hot Onion Dip
- Crock-Pot Cream Cheese Taco Dip + Video
- Slow Cooker Velveeta Queso Dip
Crock-Pot Pulled Pork Cheesy Bacon Dip Recipe
- 16 Ounces Barbecue Pulled Pork (1 container or use some leftover pulled pork)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Divided)
- 1 Cup Cooked And Chopped Bacon (Divided)
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Sliced Green Onions (Divided)
- In a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker combine the pulled pork, 1 3/4 cups cheddar cheese, cream cheese, 3/4 cup cooked bacon and 3/4 cup green onions and stir slightly to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring quickly every hour or so to make sure everything is melting together evenly.
- Top with reserved 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup cooked bacon and 1/4 cup sliced green onion right before serving. This just makes it pretty for your guests.
- Serve with pita chips or slices of baguette or bagel chips (something sturdy) and enjoy!
Looking to have a baked potato bar in the near future. This would be an awesome potato topping!!
Lady Katie says
thank you for the suggestion Mariann. And you are correct, this would be yummy as a baked potato topping!
I am not sure what happened but ours, while it tasted okay, came out a weird consistency making it unpleasant.
Lady Heidi says
I am sorry this recipe did not work out for you Jessie. Could you describe the consistency?