With just 2 ingredients, this recipe for Crock-Pot Velveeta Queso Dip is super easy to make and is the perfect dip to serve on game day or your next party!
Crock-Pot Velveeta Queso Dip
When you need a quick, easy and classic warm dip for your slow cooker you really cannot go wrong with this Velveeta Queso dip.
There is just two simple ingredients and it takes just a minute to cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes, open some RoTel tomatoes (that is canned diced tomatoes with green chilies) and throw it all in the slow cooker.
Oh sure, you could fancy this recipe up to your hearts content by adding in other ingredients like cooked sausage or chorizo, salsa, jalapeno peppers or some fresh cilantro stirred in right before serving. But I really just like this classic old-school recipe just the way it is.
Put out your favorite tortilla chips and let your guest dip away right from the slow cooker, or you could spoon some dip into bowls and set them out.
If nachos are your thing, ladle this hot cheese sauce over tortilla chips and dig into some tasty nachos!
And if you have leftover queso it warms up great in the microwave and tastes fantastic on tacos!
- American Cheese – The most popular American brand is Velveeta and it is made by Kraft. There really is no great substitute for it because it melts perfectly without getting oily like regular cheese does.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies – I use RoTel brand but there are also other brands available including generic store brands. They all will work just fine. And if you cannot find them at all in your grocery store regular canned diced tomatoes combined with some canned diced green chilies will work too. And if you cannot find those…use some jarred salsa.
- Add cubed cheese and tomatoes to a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours, or until all the cheese has melted.
- Turn slow cooker to the WARM setting to keep queso hot for serving for up to 4 hours.
More fabulous cheesy recipes to try:
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Joes
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Little Smokies
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Broccoli and Rice Soup
|Dip Crock-Pot Recipes||Velveeta Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes||Game Day Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Cinco de Mayo Crock-Pot Recipes||4 Quart Slow Cooker Recipes|