This recipe will make you a believer of baking in your crock! This is a yummy, moist, delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is amazing!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe for banana bread filled with delectable little morsels of chocolate chips literally turned out divine! My family just LOVED it and it has now become a recipe I make all the time whenever I have overripe bananas to use up.
Who knew the best place to cook banana bread was in a slow cooker?!
I seriously love using my slow cooker for baking because it allows me to bake delicious goodies like this chocolate chips banana bread without having to turn on my oven and heat up the whole house.
This is the best method of baking this banana bread by far. But if you want to bake it right in the slow cooker insert you can give it a try. I have found when baking right in the slow cooker insert that the bread has a slightly more tendency to overcook on the sides. So just watch your bread a little more closely and rotate the slow cooker insert to prevent overcooking if your slow cooker has spots that cook a little hotter than other spots.
More yummy slow cooker bread recipes:
- Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread
- Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Turn a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker to HIGH heat and allow it to warm up while you make the banana bread batter.
- Prepare a loaf pan that will fit inside your slow cooker by buttering it or spraying with non-stick cooking spray .
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and softened butter with a hand mixer.1 1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar –1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- Add eggs one at a time and mix each egg thoroughly.2 Large Eggs
- Mix in mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract.3 – 4 Medium Ripe Bananas –1/2 Cup Milk –1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix just until combined, making sure not to over mix, the batter should be slightly lumpy.2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour –1 Teaspoon Baking Soda –1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt –1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Stir chocolate chips in by hand with a silicone spatula or spoon.1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and set pan inside pre-heated slow cooker.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the lid and the slow cooker.
- Prop the lid of the slow cooker open just a little bit with the tines of a fork to allow moisture to escape while baking.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours. Checking the bread at the 2 hour mark and cooking for the additional time only if needed.
- The bread is done when a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- When done, turn slow cooker off and carefully remove the loaf pan from the slow cooker and allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from loaf pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature plain or smeared with a little butter, cream cheese or peanut butter.