Everyone loves this recipe for Crock-Pot Taco Soup because it really is the BEST taco soup you can make in your slow cooker! Full of flavor and frugal too!
Crock-Pot Taco Soup
This is a recipe I picked up from my sister in-law Kristi. Traditionally it is made on the stove-top but it was quite easy to adapt to the crock-pot because outside of browning the hamburger with the onion everything else is just a dump it in the pot and heat up. We made this soup (stove-top style) when our families went camping in Yellowstone. There were 6 separate families camping together and it was a blast. We each teamed up to cook dinner each night and Kristi and I teamed up to make this one. To be honest out of all the meals cooked that week I dare say this was the best one. It hit the spot after a long day site seeing and warmed us up on those cold Yellowstone nights (even in the Summer).
And speaking of Yellowstone….here is my favorite picture from that trip.
Grizzly Bear – Yellowstone National Park
- Extra Lean Ground Beef – I prefer using the leanest ground beef as I can find to cut calories and fat in my recipes. This recipe also works fantastic with ground turkey as well.
- Yellow Onions – Peel and dice the onions.
- Canned Pinto Beans – Look for low sodium canned beans
- Canned Kidney Beans – Again, look for low sodium variety of canned beans.
- Canned Corn – You can also use about 2 cups of frozen corn, no need to thaw it first.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies – I use RoTel brand as that is the most commonly available brand where I live. But there are other brands out there, including store brand generic.
- Canned Diced Green Chilies – This adds some great flavor without any heat. If you would like to kick the heat up a notch use canned diced jalapeno peppers instead.
- Taco Seasoning – 1 packet of the store bought kind or 3 tablespoons of a good homemade taco seasoning mix.
- Ranch Dressing Mix – 1 packet of the store bought kind or 3 tablespoons of our homemade ranch dressing mix.
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, brown the hamburger with the diced onion until the hamburger is cooked and browned.
- Drain off excess fat from the cooked ground beef and add the meat to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients for the soup and stir to combine. Make sure to include the liquid from all cans as this forms the soup.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls to serve topping each bowl with your favorite toppings such as cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, green onion, etc.
Check out these delicious soups too!
- Slow Cooker Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
- Crock-Pot Lobster Bisque
- Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatball Beef Stew
|Soup Crock-Pot Recipes||Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Beef Slow Cooker Recipes||Ground Beef Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Frugal Crock-Pot Recipes||Freezer Meal Slow Cooker Recipes|
This recipe is linked at: Sugar Bean Bakers