This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Spiced Apple Dump Cake has only 5 ingredients but is full of the warm flavors of autumn! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake
This quick and easy dump cake recipe uses just 5 easy to find ingredients to make a delicious dessert that has all the flavors of autumn.
You start with a box of your favorite spiced cake mix, mix with some quick cooking oatmeal and two cans of apple pie filling.
Then top with some melted butter and if you like some chopped walnuts.
Cook in your slow cooker for just 2 hours and then, serve plain right out of the crock or with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Oh my yum!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Spiced Apple Dump Cake Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart Or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Mixing Bowl
- Can Opener
- Dry Measuring Cups
- Nut Chopper (Or Knife & Cutting Board)
Frequently Asked Questions
Because can sizes vary we have listed the apple pie filling as 29 ounces. That being said, the average can of pie filling is about 14 – 15 ounces so you will want to use 2 cans of apple pie filling as long as the total pie filling falls close to the 29 ounce range.
Absolutely! If walnuts are not your thing or you have pecans instead of walnuts in your pantry feel free to swap them out! I think apples and pecans are a great combination!
Nut allergies are a serious thing and this recipe will totally work just fine if you leave out the nuts. That is why they are listed as optional in the recipe box. That being said, if you have a nut allergy it is important to read the labels carefully of all ingredients used in this recipe such as the boxed cake mix, oats and even the canned apple pie filling to make sure there are no hidden nuts or the products are not processed in a facility that also handles nuts.
More Easy Crockpot Dump Cake Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss!
- Crock-Pot Carrot Cake Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Apple Pecan Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Dump Cake
Crock-Pot Spiced Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- In a bowl combine the dry cake mix, quick-cooking oatmeal and melted butter and mix to combine.
- Add the two cans of apple pie filling to the bottom of a 5 – 6 quart slow cooker.
- Pour cake mix mixture over the apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if using.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.