Sweet apples & tart cranberries are combined in this easy dessert recipe for Crock-Pot Apple Cranberry Crisp. A dessert that the whole family will enjoy!
Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Crisp
This recipe is so so easy and yet so so delicious and the perfect Autumn dessert. When apples are in season I buy a lot and this is one of my go-to recipes. The tartness of the cranberries is a nice balance to the apples and sweet spice scented crisp topping! Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or just plain, anyway you serve it this is sure to be a hit!
Crock-Pot Apple Cranberry Crisp Recipe
Apples & Cranberries
- Place apples, cranberries, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker and stir well to combine.
- Mix all ingredients for crisp topping: oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, butter and spices together with a pastry cutter or two knives, in the food processor or with your hands (I used my hands), until combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture covering entire top of fruit.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean, thin kitchen towel between the lid and the slow cooker insert to prevent condensation dripping on your crisp.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until the fruit mixture is bubbling around the edges.