Serve these delicious and easy to make Crock-Pot Baked Apples as a side dish for dinner. You can also make them as a yummy dessert served by them selves or topped with ice cream!
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
I was given a bag of apples by a dear friend and I really wanted to make something fun in the crock-pot. We have made quite a few different slow cooker apple recipes but we have not done Crock-Pot Baked Apples yet.
Now normally baked apples are made with a whole apple that has been cored and stuffed with spices, butter and usually pecans or walnuts. But these baked apples are different because I decided to slice the apples and spice then up with classic apple pie type spices, cinnamon and nutmeg. To add a little bit of sweetness a touch of white sugar and brown sugar and then to round out the flavor just a little bit of butter.
These delicious apples are WONDERFUL served hot right out of the crock-pot as a side dish (think served with pork chops or chicken) but if you want you can also serve them with a scoop of ice cream and have them as a dessert.
Leftovers (if you have any!) can easily be stored in the refrigerator and eat them cold or heat them up in the microwave as a late night snack (shhh).
To make coring and slicing the apples easier I use an OXO Good Grips Apple Corer and Divider. This type of tool just make quick work out of a bunch of apples. But slicing them by hand with a knife works just as well. I then peel each slice then take a knife and cut each slice into to pieces and add to the crock-pot. This is totally optional. Some folks like the skins some like their apples skinless.
More Great Slow Cooker Sides!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 10 Ingredients Or Less Crock-Pot Recipes
- 35 Crock-Pot Christmas Recipes
- Christmas Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Dessert Recipes
- Crock-Pot Freezer Meal Recipes
- Crock-Pot Recipe Videos
- Crock-Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Fall Crock-Pot Recipes
- Kid Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
- Readers’ Favorite Recipes
- Thanksgiving Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Baked Apples Recipe
- Wash, core, slice and peel the apples and add the apple slices to the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Stir in the sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter to coat the slices.
- Cover with the lid slightly ajar on LOW for 6 hours. Stirring at least once midway during the cooking process.
- Serve and enjoy!