This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Taco Bake is a great variation on the ground beef & noodle combination and kid friendly too!
Slow Cooker Taco Bake
If you are trying to get away from purchasing store-bought hamburger mixes (AKA Hamburger Helper) then this is a great recipe to give a try. I found this recipe for Crockpot Taco Bake to be easy to make but best of all it comes out rather tasty!
I love that this recipe is one that is rather flexible and that you can add in some diced green bell peppers or some sliced mushrooms to change it up taste wise. This recipe is also very family and kid friendly. My kids all loved this recipe and I am sure yours will too!
Whenever hamburger is on sale at my local grocery store for a good price I always purchase several pounds at once. Because most slow cooker recipes that call for ground beef call for the meat to be pre-cooked before tossing in the slow cooker I get out a big skillet or electric skillet and brown up several pounds at once, drain off the cooked off fat and store in the freezer in labeled freezer bags or freezer containers. That way, when I want to make a recipe I can just quick thaw the hamburger in the microwave for a few minutes and toss the rest of the ingredients in the slowcooker. This method both saves me time and money…and you know we are all about that!
More Beef Crockpot Recipes To Try!
- Crock-Pot Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Crock-Pot Western Beef Casserole + Video
- Slow Cooker Steak & Cherry Chili
- Crock-Pot Pot Roast with Onions
Crock-Pot Taco Bake Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove top brown and crumble the ground beef with the onions until the ground beef is no longer pink and the onion is starting to turn translucent. Drain off excess fat and add meat and onion mixture to a 3 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until the pasta is cooked.
- Turn slow cooker off and add the shredded cheese to the slow cooker, stir to combine and allow to sit for 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.