This quick and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Pineapple Dump Cake requires no stirring or mixing. Just toss the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Dump Cake
My husband surprised me late at night that we were having guests the next day for lunch.
Luckily, the guest were bringing lunch but I needed a quick dessert. I had a plastic container full of crushed pineapple that was given to me the day before. I checked my pantry and found a box of yellow cake mix.
I rifled through my collection of cookbooks and found a recipe for pineapple and cherry dump cake, but alas, I did not have a can of cherry pie filling.
So what’s a girl to do? I winged it and hoped for the best.
And you know what? It was a huge hit with our guests.
The pineapple flavor mixed well with the cake mix and did not overpower it.
All in all a success for a dessert that I put together on the fly and didn’t have to drive to the grocery store for.
A winner in my book!
Crock-Pot Pineapple Dump Cake Recipe
- Add pineapple to the bottom of of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of the pineapple.
- Next sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the pineapple evenly.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the cake mix.
- Place a thin clean kitchen towel OR a double layer of paper towels between the lid and the slow cooker insert.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.