This recipe for Crock-Pot Baked Potatoes is so easy I am not sure why it needs a recipe. But a recipe we have done. Just 2 ingredients (and one is optional)
Crock-Pot Baked Potatoes
This recipe for baked potatoes done in your slow cooker is seriously so stinkin’ easy I am not even sure why it needs to be written into a “recipe”.
But write it I will because if you love yourself a good baked potato as a snack, a lunch or a side dish with your dinner from time to time this is the way to go.
I loaded up my potatoes in my new Casserole Crock-Pot because…well…I could.
Look at those spuds all lined up like little tin foil wrapped soldiers all in a row.
But if you don’t have a Casserole Crock-Pot that is OK because seriously you can make baked potatoes in any size crock-pot that will hold a potato.
The steps are super duper easy.
How To Easily Make Baked Potatoes In Your Slow Cooker:
- Get out a couple potatoes and give them a good scrubbing under some water to wash away the dirt (potatoes are tubers and are grown under the ground…so they are pretty dirty).
- Pat those taters off with a dry paper towel just to remove any excess water.
- Get out your aluminium foil (am I the only one that still calls it “tin foil”?) and cut off some square-ish sheets of foil.
- Lay your potato on the foil and if you like…give them a little sprinkle of salt. The salt is totally 100% optional. I like to salt my potatoes because I think it gives the potato skins just a little bit more flavor which tempts me to eat the potato skins more if they taste good.
- Wrap your potatoes up in that foil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- No need to add any additional water or anything else. Just put the cover on and cook on LOW for a good 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- And when they are done you have beautifully cooked baked potatoes to eat any way you like.
I personally like a smidge of butter, a hefty dollop of sour cream and some freshly sliced green onion on mine.
But if cheese & bacon, chili and cheese, sour cream and bacon, butter, salt & pepper, ranch dressing or whatever topping floats your boat…go for it!
My 3 Top Reasons Why You Should Make Baked Potatoes In Your Slow Cooker:
- No heating up your oven (nice on hot summer days when you want a baked potato to go with your grilled chicken or fish).
- Fix it and forget it…it literally takes a few minutes to prep these potatoes and toss them in the slow cooker. Then you can walk away and go on with your busy day without worrying about it. I have cooked my potatoes 8-1o hours on low and they came out just fine.
- If you are throwing a party – your potatoes stay nice and hot in the slow cooker – you can serve them right from the pot! Plus see point #2 on saving you time on party day!
Get the “recipe” below and let us know in the comments what YOU like to top your baked potatoes with!
More Tasty Slow Cooker Sides!
- Crock-Pot Funeral Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Green Beans + Video
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Medley
- Crock-Pot Fresh Zucchini Casserole