My kids and I had fun making this. I like doing this in the crock-pot as it is one dish. It is also large enough that the cereal is not being tossed all over.
If you are looking for a fun treat for the holidays perfect for snacking or gift giving!
Crock-Pot Sugar Cookie Party Mix
7 Cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
1/4 Cup Butter
1/4 Cup White Sugar
2 Tablespoons White Corn Syrup
2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla
1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
2 Ounces White Bark Chocolate (usually 1 cube)
Green Sugar Sprinkles
- Using a 5qt or Larger crock-pot, add in butter, white bark chocolate, vanilla, white sugar and corn syrup.
- Turn the crock-pot on high and allow the butter and bark to melt and stir well (about 30 minutes)
- Add in the cereal one cup at a time and mix well coating the dry cereal with the Chocolate mixture.
- Once the cereal is coated, sprinkle in the powder sugar stirring as you add.
- Now sprinkle in the sugar sprinkles
- Lay a sheet of foil or waxed paper on the counter.
- Dump party mix on the foil/paper and spread out with a spatula to cool.
- Store in an plastic container or ziploc bag.