Oh.My.Goodness this recipe for fig preserves made in the crock-pot looks amazing. Reader Sheryl Benefield sent us over this recipe and I must admit I am putting it on my “to make” list for sure!
So simple and d’lish… without turning on your stove and standing over the heat!
4 Cups Ripe Figs
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
4 Small Jars, Rings, Lids Prepared For Canning
- Wash, dry and remove stems from figs.
- Put in large dish and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place lid on dish and refrigerate at least 12 hours (I usually do this process overnight).
- Turn crock-pot on high.
- Take figs from refrigerator – there should be a sugar/water mixture in bottom of pan.
- Gently spoon figs in crock-pot with all the juice mixture.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Place lid on crock-pot.
- Check every 30 minutes – gently moving figs around.
- Turn off after 2 hours.
- Divide figs and juice into 4 small prepared jars.
- Top with lids and rings.
Store fig preserves in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!