Easy Crock-Pot Banana Jam recipe using those old and mushy bananas. 3 Ingredients and made in the slow cooker. Serve on toast or English muffins!
Slow Cooker Banana Jam
This is a great way to use up those old and not so pleasant looking bananas. When cooking this, keep an eye on it. You want it at the point that it bubbles up and almost doubles it size. At that point, stir and turn off. The first time I did this , I was not paying attention and let it go past this point (almost 2 hours cooking) and my jam burnt. You do not want it a brown color. The jam will still retain a yellow color even if you are using those old black and mushy bananas.
This made about 2 half pints, with a little bit extra which my kiddo and I ate before we even took photos of the jam.
It is THAT good.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Banana Jam Recipe:
- 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart, 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart Or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Potato Masher
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Freezer Containers
- Water Bath Canner
- 2 Half Pint Jelly Jars With Lids And Rings
Frequently Asked Questions
I like to use bananas that are lightly spotted with brown spots on the skin. I find that bananas at this ripeness level are sweet without being too sweet. Once the banana skins turn completely brown I find that the banana inside is super sweet, too mushy and starts to give off a fermented flavor.
Once you have made the banana jam in your slow cooker you can store the jam in food safe containers for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 1 year in the freezer.
Using a the water bath canning method you can process this banana jam in clean canning jars for up to 1 year. You will want to process the jars of jam for 10 minutes if you are at or below sea level. Adjusting accordingly if you are at higher altitudes using this guide: Adjusting for High-Altitude Canning
This recipe for Crock-Pot Banana Jam is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Fantastic Crockpot Canning Recipes!
- 4 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 4.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Canning Recipes
Crock-Pot Banana Jam Recipe
- Add all ingredients to a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine,
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 1.5 hours or until the mixture bubbles up and almost doubles in size.
- Turn off slow cooker, remove lid and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon into food safe containers and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or store in the freezer for up to 1 year. Alternatively you can process 2 half-pint jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes (adjusting for altitude).