You wont be able to get enough of this Crock-Pot Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken. Also known as “crack” chicken because how good it is!
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken
Chicken breasts are cooked in chicken broth and ranch dressing mix (use our Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix) until cooked. Then the chicken is shredded and cream cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese is added and allowed to cook just a few more minutes until the cheese is melted.
The result is a super tasty chicken dish that is often called “crack chicken” because of how tasty it is. You will not be able to resist this chicken!
But, this chicken recipe is REALLY good and super versatile to use or make ahead. My husband is a fan. My kids are a fan. And I think you will be a fan too when you give this recipe a try!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Cheese Grater
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily substitute boneless skinless chicken thighs for the boneless skinless chicken breasts in this recipe. The recipe will cook for the same amount of time. Just keep in mind the nutritional information will be different.
This recipe for slow cooker Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken is great for meal prepping ahead of time. You can make this recipe earlier in the week and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you are ready to eat the chicken for a meal, simply reheat and serve.
Some ideas on how to serve this fantastic chicken recipe are:
– Plain just straight out of the slow cooker.
– Over cooked rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
– In buns, rolls, tortilla or wrap as a filling for sandwiches.
– Stuffed in a baked potato
– Stuffed in puff pastry cups (as an appetizer).
More Amazing Crockpot Chicken Recipes!
- 5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
Crock-Pot Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Recipe
- ½ Cup Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (Or 3 Tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix)
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Cut Into Chunks)
- 8 Slices Center Cut Bacon (Cooked And Crumbled)
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- To a 5 quart or larger slow cooker add the chicken broth and then stir in the ranch dressing mix.
- Add the chicken breasts to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese, crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Recover slow cooker and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes on LOW until the cream cheese is melted and can be stirred into the shredded chicken.
- Serve as is or in a sandwich or wrap with additional crumbled bacon and cheese if desired.