Chocolate and cherries combine in perfect fudgy this recipe for Crock-Pot Black Forest Brownies! The perfect slow cooked sweet treat or dessert!
Slow Cooker Black Forest Brownies
I love the combination of chocolate and cherries so decided to see what I could come up with for a new recipe for the slow cooker that uses of of my favorite taste combos.
To be honest, I have never cooked brownies in the slow cooker before. But I thought I would give it a try in my casserole slow cooker (you can use a 6 quart slow cooker too).
This recipe uses only three ingredients (brownie mix, cherry pie filling and one egg) and so it could not be simpler.
The texture of the brownies is slightly different than those you would bake in the oven as the moist cooking environment in the slow cooker makes for more of a steamed brownie rather than a baked brownie but it was still really good!
For this recipe you will need a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker. Anything smaller and the brownies will be too thick and you will have more of a steamed cake (which thinking about it might be good too!)
Try these out and let me know what you think!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Black Forest Brownies Recipe:
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Can Opener
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Paper Towels Or Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any brand of boxed brownie mix in this recipe as long as the size of the box is in the 15 to 25 ounce range. I have used Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Duncan Hines as well as store brand generic brownie mixes and they all worked great!
While this recipe has not officially been tested using other types of canned pie filling I think it should work with other berry fillings such as raspberry or blackberry.
Yes, these brownies can be baked in the oven. Just follow the baking instructions on the back of the box of brownie mix adding a few additional minutes if needed. That being said, the reason I love baking these brownies in the slow cooker is because I don’t have to heat up the oven and kitchen. Allowing me to bake brownies in the heat of the summer.
More Tasty Crockpot Desserts You Must Try!
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Recipes
Crock-Pot Black Forest Brownies Recipe
- Spray the stoneware insert of a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brownie mix, cherry pie filling and eggs with a wooden spoon until everything is mixed together and smooth.
- Pour brownie batter into the slow cooker and spread evenly.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a thin flour sack type kitchen towel between the lid of the slow cooker and the stoneware crock to prevent condensation that forms while cooking from dripping on the brownies as they bake.
- Cover on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Turn slow cooker OFF, remove crock from heating element and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Flip brownies out of the stoneware crock onto a serving platter, cut into serving sizes and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Eat while still warm or allow to cool to room temperature and enjoy!