This decadent dessert recipe for Crock-Pot Better Than Sex Cake is well…maybe, just maybe better than sex. Chocolate, caramel, toffee…OH MY!
Slow Cooker Better Than Sex Cake
My first experience with this cake was at a work luncheon. A co-worker of mine made a regular better than sex cake (by regular I mean baked in the traditional oven) and brought it to share with the office.
Unfortunately, two pieces later and I was HOOKED and I knew I had to try my hand at making this decadent cake in my slow cooker.
This cake is a luscious combination of caramel, chocolate cake and sweetened condensed milk. It’s a poke cake that comes out so creamy and it melts in your mouth with a topping of whipped cream and a little more caramel drizzled over the top.
I used my Casserole Crock-Pot in this recipe because I wanted the cake to look like a normal oven baked cake, but if you don’t have one you can totally make this in your 6 quart oval. It just won’t be rectangular and the cake may be a little thicker.
As always, my neighbor and his son came over to try the dessert. They are always really great about trying out new recipes and different things and giving me their honest opinion. They loved it!
This is definitely one cake that I will make again and again. I love that it was rather easy to make and the end result was super tasty. My own kids loved the cake too, I just didn’t reveal the tantalizing name of the cake to them…instead I called it “The Best Darn Cake Ever”. 😉
More fantastic slow cooker chocolate desserts!
- Brownie Pudding
- Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Cherry Cola Dump Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Crock-Pot Better Than Sex Cake Recipe
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (Your Favorite Brand)
- 1 ¼ Cups Water
- 14 Ounces Canned Sweetened Condensed Milk (Divided)
- ¾ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 Ounces Caramel Ice Cream Topping
- ½ Cup Toffee Bits
- 13 Ounces Whipped Cream (Canned Or Whipped Yourself)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, half of the sweetened condensed milk, oil, eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Spray the insert of the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and pour cake batter into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours until the center of the cake is done and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Using the handle of a wooden or plastic spoon, poke holes all over the surface of the top of the cake.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together the remaining half of the sweetened condensed milk and the 3/4 of the caramel ice cream topping.
- Pour the caramel and condensed milk mixture evenly over the cake, allowing the sauce to fill the holes in the top of cake.
- Place cake in the refrigerator until chilled and you are ready to serve.
- Cut cake into 12 servings and top each slice of cake with whipped cream, reserved caramel ice cream topping and toffee bits.
- Dig in and enjoy!