Who knew you could make a mouthwatering delicious & moist carrot cake in your slow cooker? This recipe for Crock-Pot Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is a winner for sure!
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
This recipe was made as part of a blogging challenge among other food bloggers. In the challenge, the group of bloggers is given a set of ingredients and sent on their merry way to create a recipe using those ingredients. This month’s ingredients were carrots and ginger.
This carrot cake fits the bill, the ginger is a nice touch to a carrot cake I think, not too much but enough to tell it is in there.
I choose a carrot cake because…well because cake cooked in a crock-pot is a just little bit different and I really wanted to challenge myself in what I could make.
This carrot cake comes out super moist when it is cooked in the slow cooker. And I really just love baking in my crock-pot because it allows me to still make awesome baked goods without heating up the whole house. So that means I can make this recipe no matter what time of year it is…even in the dead heat of summer!
I hope you will give this recipe a try, it is one of my favorites!
More fantastic slow cooker desserts:
- Crock-Pot Lemon Buddies
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Dump Cake
- Crock-Pot Raspberry Almond Coffee Cake
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crock-Pot Easy Peach Cobbler
Crock-Pot Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- ⅔ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¾ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Fresh Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 8 Ounces Canned Crushed Pineapple (With Juice)
- ½ Cup Golden Raisins
- 1 Cup Finely Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (Or Walnuts (Optional))
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, ginger root and salt and stir with a whisk to thoroughly mix.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, eggs, pineapple, raisins, nuts and carrot and whisk to combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix by hand with a spoon or rubber spatula till everything is well mixed.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray for baking (or butter and flour).
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and place in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover the top of the slow cooker with 4 paper towels (in a doubled layer of 2 unattached sheets) or a thin kitchen towel, making sure the towel is not touching the cake in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake pan from slow cooker and let cool in the pan on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert cake out of the pan on the cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting.
- In a mixer, whip the cream cheese still fluffy
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Once the cake is cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
Linked up at: Recipe Chatter