This recipe for Crock-Pot Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans is reminiscent of a depression era recipe my grandma used to make. Very easy and frugal too! Potatoes, smoked kielbasa sausage and green beans are cooked in the slow cooker for a complete dinner that doesn’t break the bank!
Slow Cooker Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans
I happened upon a huge bag of fresh green beans at the grocery store that was on special. Add that in with a 5 pound bag of potatoes that were on sale and it is time to think of a cheap but delicious meal that will feed the family and we already know it isn’t going to kill the bank!
My grandma grew up in the depression and usually tossed together these meals that were cheap but tasty. One was a mixture of green beans, potatoes and sausage. She used polish sausage but I chose to use turkey sausage. And she used a can of chicken broth and a little spice. She would let it cook slowly all day.
I prefer to slice my sausage in more of a bite size piece. My grandma use to cut them bigger where she had to slice them before eating them.
Clean and peel your potatoes. Then cube them in smaller pieces. A bag of pre-cut potatoes like the ones you find in the refrigerated section will work too.
For the green beans, if you are using fresh beans. Cut the ends off, remove the “string” and either use cut in smaller pieces or toss in whole. You can use canned green beans too. Two cans of green beans drained should do you just fine.
Combine all the ingredients, put the lid on and let this cook on LOW for 8 hours. If you use larger pieces of potatoes, this can increase your time.
I remember my grandma making this meal once her garden was in full swing. She would bring the beans in fresh off the vine and cook this for dinner.
I hope you enjoy this frugal recipe as much as me and my family did!
1 – Prepare your ingredients: dice the potatoes, slice the kielbasa and trim the green beans.
2 – Add all of the ingredients to a 4 quart slow cooker (or larger) and stir to combine..
3 – Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6 to 8 hours or until the potatoes are “fork tender”. Meaning, you can easily poke one with a fork and they are cooked through.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More kielbasa sausage recipes:
- Crock-Pot Potato and Kielbasa Chowder
- Slow Cooker Cabbage, Kielbasa Sausage and Potatoes
- Crock-Pot Sweet Kielbasa
- Slow Cooker Spicy Kielbasa Jalapeno Dip
- Crock-Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa
Crock-Pot Potatoes, Sausage And Green Beans Recipe
- 6 Medium Potatoes (Peeled And Diced)
- 1 Pound Kielbasa Sausage (Sliced (I Used Turkey Sausage))
- 1 Pound Fresh Green Beans (Washed, Stems And Strings Removed)
- 13.5 Ounces Chicken Broth (canned or homemade, low sodium preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare ingredients by peeling and dicing potatoes, slicing the kielbasa sausage and trimming the green beans.
- Add all ingredients to a 4 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the potatoes are fork tender.