With just 4 simple ingredients this amazing appetizer recipe for Crock-Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa is to die for! Salty kielbasa sausage is paired with sweet apricot preserves and maple syrup and then bourbon whiskey adds just the right kick. You can use apple juice if your going non-alcoholic though!
Crock-Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa
Kielbasa is what my kids like to refer to as “mommy hot dogs”. They started this when they were little and I was trying to get them to eat something besides hot dogs. When they ate them, they described them as “hot dogs but not really” and “mommy’s favorite”.
Since then, I try and find different ways to make kielbasa for my kids. They are a fan of “those little hot dogs in sauce in the crock-pot” as my oldest likes to say.
The original recipe I have calls for bourbon. And while there is a small amount in this recipe, and really the liquor will cook off, I chose to use the apple juice just because my kids would be trying them out.
This is such a quick and easy appetizer recipe. You can serve it at your next party or get-together of course or just make it up as a snack! The cooking steps are so darn easy…just mix the liquid ingredients together and pour them on top of the sliced kielbasa. The maple syrup added a nice flavor mixed with the apricot preserves. My kids said this was a hit but they still liked the little hot dogs (little smokies) better!!
- Apricot Preserves – You should be able to find this in most American grocery stores in the peanut butter and jelly section. If you cannot find apricot preserves you can also use peach.
- Maple Syrup – Look for real maple syrup for this recipe and skip the artificially flavored pancake syrup. Real maple syrup from maple trees has such a great flavor.
- Bourbon – The real star of this recipe is some bourbon. Use a brand of bourbon that you would actually like to drink. I like Maker’s Mark bourbon myself. If you don’t consume alcohol you can use apple juice instead of the bourbon, however the flavor will be different.
- Kielbasa Sausage – Also known as smoked Polish sausage can be found made out of beef, pork, or turkey in most grocery stores. If you are on a gluten-free diet there are several brands that are GF such as Hillshire Farms and Johnsonville. Just be sure to read your package labels.
- Mix maple syrup, apricot preserves and bourbon (or apple juice) in a bowl.
- Add the sliced kielbasa to a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the kielbasa.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- 3 Quart Slow Cooker, 3.5 Quart Slow Cooker or 4 Quart Slow Cooker
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cutting Board
Watch The Crock-Pot Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa Video:
|Crock-Pot Kielbasa Recipes||Low Calorie Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Low Sodium Slow Cooker Recipes||Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Crock-Pot Appetizer Recipes||5 Ingredients Or Less Slow Cooker Recipes|