Bell peppers are stuffed with a cheesy mixture of beef, rice, sausage and Velveeta cheese in this recipe for Crock-Pot Country Stuffed Green Peppers!
Slow Cooker Country Stuffed Green Peppers
One of my husband’s favorite meals is this delicious stuffed bell pepper recipe. He could eat this for dinner once a week and never get tired of it.
Green bell peppers are stuffed with a delicious cheesy mixture of ground beef, ground pork sausage, rice and American cheese. The filling is so hearty and cheesy and pairs wonderfully with the slow cooked bell pepper shells.
Give this one a try and let me know what you think!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Country Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe:
- 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Large Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Wooden Spoon
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Aluminum Foil
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can use any colored bell pepper that you prefer. I love this recipe cooked in red bell peppers, orange bell peppers or yellow bell peppers. In fact, red bell peppers are usually sweeter in flavor!
If you are adverse against using Velveeta cheese you can use 8 ounces of cream cheese and 8 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Once melted into the meat and rice mixture you will still have a creamy cheesy filling.
I love the flavor that ground pork sausage adds to this stuffed bell pepper recipe, but feel free to use all ground beef, all ground pork, ground turkey, ground chicken or even ground venison!
More Tasty Ground Beef Crockpot Recipes!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 6.5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- 7 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes
- Beef Crock-Pot Recipes
- Crock-Pot Hamburger/Ground Beef Recipes
- Entrée Recipes
- Pork Crock-Pot Recipes
- Summer Recipes
Crock-Pot Country Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, brown and crumble the ground beef and ground pork. Drain off any excess cooking fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the diced onion and saute for about 15 minutes or until the onion is softened and just starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Add the cooked rice and cooked meat back into the skillet.
- Cut the American cheese into cubes and add to skillet. Cook over low heat on the stove top until the cheese is melted. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Prepare the bell peppers by cutting off the tops of each pepper and removing the seeds and membrane inside.
- With a spoon, fill each prepared bell pepper with the meat and cheese mixture.
- Place stuffed bell peppers in the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker, placing rolled aluminum foil around the peppers if you have problems keeping them upright in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 3 hours or until the peppers are cooked but still hold their shape.
- Serve and enjoy!