Everyone loves this delicious and creamy recipe for Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Soup! Think of a cheeseburger in soup form with this easy recipe! Ground beef is simmered in a cheesy delicious soup. Grab some crusty bread for dipping!
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
A bowl of hot homemade soup is my go-to comfort food and this recipe for cheeseburger soup made in the slow cooker is one of my families favorite soup recipes.
It’s a frugal soup too, with hamburger meat as the main ingredient and everything else is pretty basic too. Bacon and cheese, tomato, onion, garlic and even some potato is simmered in chicken broth with some basic seasonings.
Then, everything is thickened up to make for a pot of creamy and cheesy soup that everyone in the family will love.
You can serve this soup alone as a nice lunch or for dinner, I like to make a nice side salad and serve with some crusty bread for dipping into the soup. Top each bowl of soup with additional cheddar cheese before serving and you have one tasty soup and salad dinner!
Check Out These Beef Slow Cooker Recipes Too!
- Crock-Pot Steak & Cherry Chili
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- Crock-Pot Pot Roast with Onions
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner
- Crock-Pot Ravioli Casserole
Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
- 1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef (I used 96% lean)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (diced)
- 14.5 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes (drained)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 6 ounces Center Cut Bacon (diced and cooked until crispy)
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Cubed Potatoes
- 1 cup Peeled And Shredded Carrots
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 ribs Celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Fat Free Milk
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- In a medium skillet on the stove-top, cook and crumble the ground beef until no longer pink, drain off fat and add meat to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Saute the diced onion in the same skillet until they start to soften and turn translucent. Add cooked onion to the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, cream cheese, cooked bacon, chicken stock, potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, salt and pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together the milk and flour to create a slurry. Slowly stir the slurry into the soup breaking up any cream cheese that has not melted yet.
- Add the shredded cheese to the slow cooker.
- Recover slow cooker and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the soup has thickened.
- Ladle hot soup into bowl and garnish with extra shredded cheese if desired.