If you love the chili at Steak N Shake then you are going to LOVE our copycat recipe for Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili. Ground beef, beans, delicious spices and the secret ingredient…a cup of cola (Coke, Pepsi, RC cola…you choose!). You don’t have to eat out when you can make this hearty chili at home!
Slow Cooker Copycat Steak N Shake Chili
Whenever my family goes out to eat at our local Steak N Shake restaurant my husband always orders a bowl of their delicious chili. He says that the chili has just the right amount of beans, small pieces of meat and a really flavorful sauce that is just the right amount of spicy.
He always tops his chili with oyster crackers. But you can top your chili with shredded cheese, diced onion or whatever YOUR favorite chili topping is.
I made this copycat chili recipe based off of my experience with the yummy Steak N Shake chili and had my husband test it out. He was amazed at how much it tasted like his favorite restaurant chili.
IF there are any leftovers after we have chili for dinner I like to either just heat them up for lunch the next day or the kids love chili dogs. Hot dogs smothered in chili and topped with a bunch of cheese. So good!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
- Amazing Crock-Pot Chili Recipes
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Fall Recipes
- Hamburger Slow Cooker Recipes
- Soups, Stews and Chili Recipes
Crock-Pot Copycat Steak N Shake Chili Recipe
- 1.5 – 2 pounds Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cola (such as pepsi, coke, RC cola, generic, etc)
- 13.5 ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 6 ounces Canned Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 27 ounces Canned Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- In a medium skillet on the stove-top, brown and crumble the ground beef. Drain off excess fat.
- Add ground beef and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT beans to a large bowl.
- Add the blended mixture to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add in the 2 cans of drained and rinsed kidney beans.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.