Your family will flip with this easy side dish of Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes. Tender chunks of potatoes are cooked in a ranch flavored sauce with bacon and cheese. Simply amazing!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
I went to a potluck dinner last week and a good friend’s mother brought these delicious Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes as her dish. And, they went fast! They were one of the first dishes to be cleaned out before the potluck line could get through once.
She was nice enough to give me her recipe and I had to make them.
I had a bag of small potatoes. The potatoes were small enough that slicing them made them bite size. You could also use fingerling potatoes, or if your potatoes are larger, slice them in half and then slice them into bite size pieces.
Bacon is the one ingredient that needs to be cooked prior to making this recipe. Once the bacon has cooled, you can slice it or dice it into smaller pieces.
Layer each ingredient in the slow cooker. Potatoes first, onions next, then the bacon, sprinkle on the powdered dry ranch dressing and then the cheese. I was able to layer these ingredients twice.
Like I mentioned before these cheesy potatoes are great to take to a potluck dinner but they also just make a great side dish for either special occasions or everyday dinners with the family. I am planning on making them again this holiday season…I just have not decided if it will be Thanksgiving or Christmas (or both!)
Crock-Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium Potatoes
- 1 ounce Ranch Dressing Mix ((1 packet store bought or homemade ranch dressing mix))
- 1 medium Onion (sliced into rings)
- 1 pound Bacon (cooked and diced)
- 2 ½ cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded (reserve 1/2 cup cheese))
- On the stove top in a medium frying pan cook the bacon, drain and set aside.
- Wash and slice potatoes.
- Line a 4 – 4.5 quart slow cooker with aluminum foil allowing enough extra to fold over before cooking.
- Spray the inside of the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the ingredients: potatoes, onion, bacon, dry ranch dressing and cheese in at least 2 layers.
- Once all ingredients are in slow cooker, fold foil over the top of the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 – 6 hours.
- Garnish with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Leave a Reply