With only 5 ingredients this recipe for Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread is a tasty slow cooker bread that pops with garlic and cheesy flavor!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
I LOVE baking in my slow cooker. Seriously.
These days I find myself baking more in my slow cooker than I do in my oven.
I love that I don’t need to heat up the oven.
I love that I can leave the house for a few hours while my slow cooker does all the work and I don’t run the risk of burning my baked goods or my house down.
And while some may see this as a downside to slow cooker baking, I actually love that the cooking process is slower because that means I can start a dish earlier in the day and let it do it’s thing while I go about life.
On this particular day I had planned on making this recipe for Ham and Pea Pasta Carbonara from Self Proclaimed Foodie that I spotted on Pinterest for dinner. After reading the recipe I knew that this was one of those get everything ready before you start cooking because it cooks sort of fast sort of recipes and I didn’t want to have to be worrying about baking bread in the oven.
You see…we usually serve some sort of bread with our pasta dinners. I know, I know, CARB OVERLOAD. But hey, that is just the way my family rolls.
So, instead I decided to bake up some yummy buttery, cheesy, garlic-y pull apart bread in my slow cooker. And they came out fantastic!
Everyone in the family gobbled them up in a flash. And the pasta dish was a big hit too. Definitely going to make that again!
For this recipe I used a loaf of Rhodes frozen bread dough which I thawed at room temperature for most of the day. Just follow the instructions on the package of bread dough for thawing.
Once the dough is thawed you are just going to divide it up into about 16 dough balls as evenly as possible and then roll each dough ball in a mixture of melted butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Plunk each coated dough ball into the bottom of a parchment paper lined slow cooker and place a paper towel or clean kitchen towel between the lid and slow cooker insert and let it bake for a couple of hours.
My pull apart bread was done at the 2 hour mark but because each slow cooker cooks a little differently it may need a little more cooking time.
I put the bread on to cook once my kids got home from school in the afternoon and they were ready to eat nice and warm by dinner time.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe using olive oil or flavored oils instead of butter, different kinds of cheese and other spices and seasonings. The possiblities are endless!
And if you cannot find frozen bread dough in your local grocery store you can use any recipe for homemade bread that makes a single loaf such as this one for Quick & Easy Dough from The Recipe Critic.
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Kitchen Towel Or Paper Towels
Popular Slow Cooker Bread Recipes:
- Crock-Pot Banana Bread + Video
- Slow Cooker Zucchini Bread
- Crock-Pot Irish Soda Bread
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Cheddar Garlic Bread
Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread Recipe
- 1 Pound Frozen White Bread Dough (Or 1 Recipe For A Basic White Bread Dough That Makes 1 Loaf)
- ½ Cup Salted Butter (Melted)
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- Follow directions on package of frozen bread dough to thaw the dough. Or make a batch of basic white bread dough.
- Prepare a 6 quart or larger slow cooker by lining the bottom and sides with a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Once dough is thawed divide dough into about 16 pieces as equally as possible.
- Melt butter (in either the microwave for about 1 minute or on stove-top).
- Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian seasoning to melted butter and stir to combine with a fork.
- Dip each dough ball into the melted butter mixture to coat and place each coated dough ball into the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer. Dough balls should touch.
- Place clean kitchen towel or a length of paper toweling between the lid of the slow cooker and the slow cooker insert to prevent condensation from dripping on your bread while it cooks.
- Allow the bread to rise in the turned-off but covered slow cooker for 1 hour.
- Turn slow cooker to the HIGH setting and bake for 2 to 3 hours or until the bread is cooked through and the bottom of the bread is browned.
- Pull bread apart into pieces and serve warm.
Wonderful cook says
I cannot wait to try this! Thank you for posting such a lovely recipe!