This recipe will make you a believer of baking in your crock! This is a yummy, moist, delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is amazing!
Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe for banana bread filled with delectable little morsels of chocolate chips literally turned out divine! My family just LOVED it and it has now become a recipe I make all the time whenever I have overripe bananas to use up.
Who knew the best place to cook banana bread was in a slow cooker?!
I seriously love using my slow cooker for baking because it allows me to bake delicious goodies like this chocolate chips banana bread without having to turn on my oven and heat up the whole house.
This is the best method of baking this banana bread by far. But if you want to bake it right in the slow cooker insert you can give it a try. I have found when baking right in the slow cooker insert that the bread has a slightly more tendency to overcook on the sides. So just watch your bread a little more closely and rotate the slow cooker insert to prevent overcooking if your slow cooker has spots that cook a little hotter than other spots.
- Granulated Sugar – Just plain white sugar.
- Unsalted Butter – You will want your butter softened and at room temperature.
- Eggs – Unless otherwise noted we use large eggs in our recipes.
- Ripe Bananas – This recipe is perfect for bananas that have gone a little brown and spotty. Use 3 to 4 medium bananas mashed.
- Milk – I used fat-free milk as that is what my family drinks but you can use any dairy or non-dairy milk in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – I make my own homemade vanilla extract. But store bought works just fine. Just make sure you use real vanilla extract and not artificial vanilla extract for the best flavor possible.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use plain unbleached AP flour for this recipe. I have not tested this recipe using other types of flour.
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt – I prefer kosher salt over regular table salt for cooking and baking as I feel it has a better flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon – This adds a nice flavor to the banana bread and pairs well with the banana and chocolate chips.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – I love Ghirardelli brand chocolate chips but feel free to use any high quality chocolate chips that you have.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Directions:
- Turn a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker to HIGH heat and allow it to warm up while you make the banana bread batter.
- Prepare a loaf pan that will fit inside your slow cooker by buttering it or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and softened butter with a hand mixer.
Add eggs one at a time and mix each egg thoroughly.
- Mix in mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix just until combined, making sure not to over mix, the batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Stir chocolate chips in by hand with a spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and set pan inside pre-heated slow cooker.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the lid and the slow cooker.
- Prop the lid of the slow cooker open just a little bit with the tines of a fork to allow moisture to escape while baking.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 4 hours. Checking the bread at the 2 hour mark and cooking for the additional time only if needed.
- The bread is done when a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- When done, turn slow cooker off and carefully remove the loaf pan from the slow cooker and allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing bread from loaf pan.
More yummy slow cooker bread recipes:
- Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Zucchini Bread
- Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
|Bread Crock-Pot Recipes||Banana Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Chocolate Slow Cooker Recipes||American Crock-Pot Recipes|
|6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Kid Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes|