Perfect for Sunday dinner with your family this recipe for Crock-Pot Meat Loaf comes out moist and delicious when made in your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
I love making meat loaf in my slow cooker because it always comes out moist and never dry. And the ketchup and brown sugar glaze has to be my favorite part.
They key to making a good meat loaf in your slow cooker is to use extra lean ground beef. I used a 96% lean ground beef as that the leanest I can find at my local grocery stores.
Using extra lean ground beef means that your meatloaf won’t come out greasy. In fact there really should be very little fatty drippings left in your slow cooker if you use a nice lean hamburger meat.
I kept the seasonings in this classic meat loaf pretty basic with some Italian seasoned bread crumbs, a little Italian cheese and salt and pepper. You could of course play with the flavor profile by adding some additional spices and herbs. Sometimes I notch up the Italian flavor by adding a teaspoon or two of my homemade Italian dressing seasoning mix.
For Sunday dinner (or any night of the week really) this meat loaf is nice when served with mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable side dish. Green beans would be fantastic and a classic combination I think.
Give this recipe a try for dinner this week!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Meat Loaf is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Great Slow Cooker Beef To Try!
- Crock-Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker BBQ Boneless Beef Ribs + Video
- Crock-Pot Beef Scotch Broth
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls
- Crock-Pot Corned Beef And Cabbage Dinner
Crock-Pot Meat Loaf Recipe
Meat Loaf Mixture
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, eggs, Italian cheese, milk, bread crumbs, minced onion, garlic, salt and pepper and mix together with your hands until everything is well incorporated together.
- Place meatloaf mixture inside a 6 quart or larger oval slow cooker and shape the meat mixture into a loaf shape, keeping it away from the sides by about 1/2 to 1 inch all around.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until an instant read meat thermometer registers 160° F (72° C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon topping over the top meatloaf.
- Recover slow cooker and continue to cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Turn off slow cooker, remove the lid and allow the meat loaf to rest for 15 minutes before removing the meat loaf from the slow cooker and cutting for serving.