This recipe for Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is a great family friendly recipe. So easy to toss together & perfect for any busy weeknight!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Oh my heavens this has got to be one of my favorite recipes to date. My friend good friend Amanda sent me a recipe a few weeks ago for her recipe for Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken and said I had to give it a try because it was so yum and her kids loved it when she made it for dinner.
I have to admit because I was kind of skeptical. So many recipes for chicken in the slow cooker come out dry. Not all of them, but quite a few.
Not this recipe the chicken was as moist as moist can be and super tasty.
My husband Russ has a thing (more like an obsession) with garlic. He would put it on ice cream if given the chance. So he LOVED this recipe. And the kids…lets just say they don’t always LOVE my recipe creations. We usually have 1 kid who does not like dinner (and that kid would be Parker, my 11 year old who tends to be the pickest eater. He does not like chicken unless it is nuggets and he does not like casseroles). But all the kids gobbled this dish up!
I am definitely putting this one on the “to make again” list.
Give it a try and let me know if you and your family liked it as much as ours did!
Be sure to check out these yummy slow cooker chicken recipes too:
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken + Video
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls
- Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken And Summer Squash
Crock-Pot Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, vinegar, apple juice, garlic, soy sauce and pepper and then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and set aside on a plate.
- Carefully pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer on the stove-top.
- While the liquid is coming to a simmer, combine the cornstarch and cold water in a small cup or bowl to create a slurry.
- Slowly pour the slurry mixture into the simmering sauce in the pan and simmer while stirring until the mixture begins to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes and forms a glaze.
- Serve chicken with sauce/glaze over top for a delicious meal.
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- Remove freezer meal bag from freezer and place either in refrigerator overnight OR in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours just until the freezer meal is partially thawed enough to dump the contents of the bag into the slow cooker.
- Cook according to the recipe directions adding 1 additional hour cooking time (in this case 7 to 9 hours on LOW or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH from the partially thawed state ).