Looking for an easy vegetarian or vegan dinner in the slow cooker? Try this recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo which is healthy, simple and satisfying!
Slow Cooker Easy Veggie Gumbo
This is similar to a Weight Watchers Take 5 Cookbook recipe that I used to make on the stove-top. But I always added some kind of meat because I just couldn’t live without it. Now I’m really trying to eat more vegetarian meals so I tried this without any meat and in the crock-pot.
It is a very hearty meal. You could serve this with some crusty bread or cornbread and your family would be more than satisfied. I love that this is so simple but so satisfying. I ate leftovers for lunch for a few days!
If you are not on a vegetarian diet, feel free to add some cut up kielbasa or andouille sausage!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Easy Veggie Gumbo Recipe:
- 4 Quart, 4.5 Quart, 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Can Opener
- Cutting Board
- Liquid Measuring Cup
More Tasty Crockpot Recipes You Don’t Want To Miss!
- Crock-Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Chili
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup
- Crock-Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Blue WW Plan – 5 Points
- Green WW Plan – 8 Points
- Purple WW Plan – 5 Points
- Soup, Stew And Chili Recipes
- Vegetarian Recipes
- Weight Watchers Recipes
- Easy Crock-Pot Recipes
- 5 Ingredients Or Less Recipes
This post was originally published in April, 2012. We have polished it off and given it an update in January, 2021. We hope you enjoy!